Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween ATCs

Many years ago, customers at retail conventions used to swap handstamped pins. (Does anybody remember this phenomenon?) You'd see ladies at shows wearing vests covered with them. I saved mine on a cork board above my desk so I could frequently gaze at these tiny treasures.

Nowadays, artist trading cards have become the trend. These collectible creations usually measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", so they fit nicely into baseball card protectors for those who like to store theirs in albums.

Our friend Becky O'Donnell has made oodles of them, and I thought I'd share a few of her Halloween ATCs since this "haunting holiday" is coming up soon:


I think it's cool how she dry-embossed Clear Cardstock to form a textured background for the cauldron frog (made with 10919MC Halloween Hijinx Clear Set) shown in the lower left.

And how creative is that candy corn ATC in the lower right? What a neat way to use 11042SC Monster Maker Clear Set in addition to making a Triangle Treat Box!

The ATC at the top of the above photo also utilizes that same clear stamp set. It's a miniature version of this larger teepee card that Becky made, shown on the left:


I found step-by-step instructions on this blog and a video tutorial showing how to make an even larger sized card here.

Becky used the other monster elements from the set and stamped them twice to make a two-eyed creature...genius! I love those self-adhesive rhinestone spots on his sides, too.

Thanks very much to Becky for sharing her projects with us. If you've made ATCs using Inky stamps, we'd love to see them. (Just email me with your JPG files.) You never know...YOU might be featured on our blog, too!

No comments: