Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Holiday BaZooples

You may have noticed this week's card on our main website features one of the delightful characters from our Holiday BaZooples collection.

For the Summer CHA show, Michelle Pearson made several terrific sample cards using additional images and sayings from this series (originally posted here and here).

Last month, these stamps were featured in our store sample board program. With Michelle's permission, I relied heavily on her cards as inspiration to create the store versions and wanted to share some of them with you!

The first set features 2316J Ollie's Mail, 0814D Sending Wishes, and 0804C Happy Mail (also available in 11063MC Holiday BaZooples #3 Clear Set). Here is Michelle's card:


As you can see, I followed her layout closely:


Since we use Darcie's patterned papers for all of our samples, I changed the color scheme but otherwise held pretty true to Michelle's original. I omitted the circular pearl border and added ultrafine glitter to the snow, and I substituted slightly different snowflake punches.

For the next two sets, I needed to change the orientation and simplify the cards a bit. This is Michelle's adorable card showing 0706J Joyful Elsie with 0830F Bright With Delight (also in 11061MC Holiday BaZooples #1 Clear Set):


I loved her stitched borders and the pearl-studded border strip but kept mine much more basic:


Michelle's card with 0503H Gertrude's Gift and 0836F Fun Surprises (or 11062MC Holiday BaZooples #2 Clear Set) had a bright "pop" of cheery colors:


I changed the colors for mine and used the circle motif for my saying instead of a snowflake accent:


Since I love cards that "do something," Michelle's shaker card really floats my boat:


I also used 2109J Lester's Snowman and 0810E Snow Fun Friends (also from 11063MC Holiday BaZooples #3 Clear Set) but reduced the card size and simplified it for production purposes:


The shaker insert was created by lining the image panel with foam tape:


It was filled with Diamond Dust (which happens to be a "gift with purchase" free item this month), and covered with a top panel lined with acetate (shown below on the reverse side):


(For more detailed instructions on how to make this type of card, see the shaker chef project here. It's the same basic process but I altered the image and cutout shapes.)

Want to check out this collection in person? Here's the list of stores who received the Holiday BaZooples stamps and sample board. If you stop by one of these stores, please mention you found them via our blog. Happy shopping!

2 comments:

almond paarman said...

I rely heavily on her card inspiration, to create a stored version, and hope to share with you some of them!

holiday card printing

Marie said...

I love shaker cards. It is great to see the same stamp set used in different ways and with different papers.