Thursday, December 8, 2011

"Wrap It Up" Blog Hop

For gifts that look as special as the gifts themselves are, why not make your own wrapping paper or decorative packaging? Homemade gift wrap is unique and economical because you can personalize it to fit the recipient and make as much or little as you need. This month's hop will show you different ideas for creating pretty presents!

The blog hop starts today and ends on Sunday, December 11th at midnight Central time. Please visit each DT member's blog to view their project, and leave a comment for each designer. The more you comment, the better your chances are to win. (Limit one comment per blog, please).

On Monday the 12th, two people's names will be drawn at random to receive an Inky prize pack. We'll announce the winners here, so please check back and see if you're one of them!

Ready to see the gift packaging ideas? Here's our hop order:

Michelle
Tex
Keri
Debbie
Trudy
Jovi

After you're done, return here to leave a comment as your final entry. Thanks for playing with us!

* * *

For my project, I used the Bow-Easy #2. You may already be familiar with the original Bow-Easy, but did you know there's a larger size available, too? It's perfect for creating bigger bows, such as the 5" wide one I needed for my box.

Here's a brief video tutorial showing the Bow-Easy #2 in action:



I made another one using pink striped ribbon to coordinate with the wrapping paper:


My gift tag wasn't as beautifully detailed as Marie's lovely ones presented earlier this week, but that's a great thing about stamping...you can make your project as simple or complex as you wish, and either way is good!

The tag was made with 0680G Santa Gift Tag, and I repeatedly stamped 10165H Merry Christmas WordGround onto white butcher paper using lime green ink:


Steve was curious as to what was inside his present:


But no peeking for him...there are still 17 days left until Christmas!

14 comments:

stamping sue said...

what a beautiful bow! looks like you have the knack with the bow maker template. what an sweet santa on the tag.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Sheryl said...

It took me a while to master the Bow Easy but now it seems so quick and easy...I love it. I had no idea it came in a bigger size. Perfect! Thanks

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

lovely bow! I have the smaller one, but haven't tried it yet.

Bridget said...

I love your tag & bow! Thanks for a great Hop!

True :) said...

Great hop Jackie! I am so proud to work with you and the amazing artists on our team!
I love your wrapping paper, tag, and bow! Shoot I even love the picture of Steve! :)

Hugs,
True :D

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

How fun! I have never seen the bow tail brought through the second time but really makes the bow sit nicer.The wrapping paper is wonderful-so nice to make a new design for each package.

Dee in N.H. said...

Your package looks really good! I didn't know about the bigger Bow-easy either. I need to go find mine and watch your video again.....

debb said...

Beautiful bow and tag! I have not used a bow easy but it sure does make a nice bow (and easy too!). I had fun hopping- thanks for the trip...

Marie said...

Great bow, as usual. Your the queen of bow making. What a great idea to use the background stamp for making your own wrapping paper. What's in the box? Promise I won't tell! lol

Barb said...

Thanks for reminding me to use the Bow-Easy to enhance gifts for family and friends. This was a delightful blog hop....I loved each unique entry.

Bev Gerard said...

I am so giggling at Steve & his present! Love that cute tag and fabulous bow! (Haven't wrapped a thing ... now you're making me consider early wrapping!)

~Tex

mackbrad said...

Steve is such a good sport posing with the final product :)

Jovita said...

Beautiful package Jackie and love that big bow, the stamped wrapping paper and your tag. I had no idea that there was a Bow Easy 2 and oh my it's huge in your little hands.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for a wonderful hop! so many great ideas and how to's. I'm going to have to play in my craft room more!