Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Karen Taylor: Songbird Revisited

Last Sunday and Tuesday, I posted projects featuring various elements from our new 11070SC Songbird Clear Set:


Thank you for your very kind feedback about the stamp set, as well as the awesome projects created by Karen and Trudy. I'm hoping you'll also enjoy Karen's gorgeous card made with the same set:


Karen had mentioned previously that one of her favorite current techniques is stamping on plastic. I love how her songbird overlay allows the sheet music to show from underneath:


Adorned with lots of inked layers and bling in several spots, this card is a feast for the eyes. It's been such a pleasure showing you Karen's work over the past several weeks, and we sure appreciate her sharing her talent with us as our guest designer for January.

Please join me in recognizing Karen's work, and you'll be entered in a little BLOG CANDY giveaway! On Thursday, February 2nd, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Karen used above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

10 comments:

Mrs. Swandog said...

Wow! I love this card. What an awesome style!

Lucy said...

Gorgeous card Karen!

CheckerBeads said...

wow, that is fabulous work! I love the card!

Anne

LaNell said...

Karen, what a gorgeous card! This stamp set is lovely.

debb said...

Fabulous card- she is an amazing artist!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is one of the sweetest sets and that verse is wonderful.
Great project with this one.

Chelsea said...

Wow what a great new set!

Karen said...

Karen, your card is just beautiful! I love the tenique that you used. The clear set is so different, love it!

Sue D said...

This is fabulous--I like how the music shows through when she stamped on plastic.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Lillian Child said...

I love using mixed media in my cardmaking. Karen's card is absolutely STUNNING. So many different layers and elements ... I adore her creative style! And I adore this AMAZING new stamp set ... so very lovely and the verses can be used in so many different ways! Thanks for a chance at such a fabulous new set!