Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Sniffing Treats

Whenever I see 0217H Sm. Sniffing Treats, it always brings a smile to my face:


A couple of years ago, I'd featured this adorable pup as a weekly card on the main Inky site:


I'd followed the same basic layout as this card by Lana Lepinski:


One difference is that I'd put my saying on the front instead of the inside. I like how Lana used 0670D Solid Heart Background to stamp over the stripes on her patterned paper.

The zigzag-stitched strip of stamped cardstock along the top is also a nice touch, along with the mini brads, knotted ribbon, and dry embossed swirly panel.

Want to change it up a bit? Try placing the main image at an angle, as shown here:


The sponged border adds definition, while the background images stamped in VersaMark provide subtle contrast and visual interest.

Finally, check out this version by Belva Brown, which includes the 3916F Be My Valentine saying:


Look what you'll find when you open the heart:


Yep, there's a second Valentine greeting (5904E Sm. Valentine's Day) inside that box of chocolates.

I've heard that life is like that, and you never know what you're going to get...but I'd definitely take this filling anytime!

1 comment:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Great projects! I love the last one how the heart opens up to a saying.