Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Funnies: Family Visit & A Few Laughs

After the Clearwater show last Saturday, Steve and I spent Sunday visiting with my dad and grandma, who live nearby.

My grandma, Mildred, just turned 100 years old in December:


And just to tie this story in with our Friday post, here's a joke about someone else's grandma:

When I stopped the bus to pick up Chris for preschool, I noticed an older woman hugging him as he left the house. "Is that your grandmother?" I asked.

"Yes," Chris said. "She's come to visit us for Christmas."

"How nice," I said. "Where does she live?"

"At the airport," Chris replied. "Whenever we want her, we just go out there and get her."

* * *

On Monday, Steve and I drove to Orlando and visited the Universal theme parks. First we went to Universal's Islands of Adventure:


We went there mainly to see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter:


It was even more fun than we expected. We really enjoyed our lunch at the Three Broomsticks, complete with pumpkin juice and Butterbeer:


Wondering how I'm going to connect this part of the post? Why, with a few beer one-liners, of course:

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Men are like coolers – Load them with beer, and you can take them anywhere.

I have a drink to celebrate the little things. Like Tuesdays - we only have one of those a week!

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

* * *

On the Universal Studios Florida side, I snapped this photo of Steve goofing around:


The scene is actually oriented vertically, and then you rotate your picture so it appears the person is flying off the ground. Funny!

Speaking of animals, I found these conflicting signs on a humor website:


No pets allowed. Or are they? No, they're not. Unless they are. Which they aren't. Possibly. And possibly not. Maybe.

Hope you have a great weekend, Inky friends!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a great time to mix business with pleasure!

Jovita said...

Your grandmother is looking fabulous for being 100 years young, it's wonderful that you were able to spend time with her and your dad.

Looks like you and Steve had a blast.