Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spring HoneyPOP Blog Hop

This month's blog hop features our newest clear sets, a colorful Rainbow Honeycomb Pad, and a couple of Easter favorites from our HoneyPOP Collection!

We're doubling the fun this month by showing two samples using each HoneyPOP Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung): a 3-D card made with the Honeycomb Paper Pads and a standard greeting card.

To see what our designers made, please visit each DT member's blog and leave comments along the way. The more you comment, the better your chances are to win. (Limit one comment per blog, please.)

The blog hop starts today and ends on Sunday, February 27th at midnight Central time. Two people’s names will be drawn at random to receive a surprise Inky HoneyPOP prize pack. The winners’ names will be announced next Monday, so remember to stop back and see if you’ve won.

Shall we begin? Here's our hop order:

Keri
Jovi
Debbie
Trudy
Tex
Crystal
Michelle

Once you're finished, please come back here to see my projects and leave a final comment. Happy hopping, HoneyPOP fans!

* * *

For this hop, I used 11030MC Easter Chick HoneyPOP Set from our original HoneyPOP release. With Easter around the corner, I thought you might like to see more examples of this set in action!

If you click on the photo, you'll see sparkly accents such as the glitter eggs and yellow brads:


But my favorite part, of course, is the honeycomb egg:


I used our Rainbow Honeycomb Pad and stamped the egg pattern twice. After cutting out both pieces, I adhered them together with the chick image attached in the center. This made a pop-up within in a pop-up!

Because the doubled honeycomb egg was quite thick, I scored the card at 4 1/8" and 4 3/8" so the "spine" was extra wide to accommodate it. Then I glued the doubled egg into the card.

Did you notice the cloud background? I sponged light blue dye ink over our new Cloud Stencil to create that look:


And just to show how well the HoneyPOP Clear Sets work for standard greeting cards, here's a non-honeycomb version:


I applied Glossy Accents on the egg to make it shiny, and the saying piece was sponged with chalk and attached with foam tape to make it stand out more.

The inside was pretty basic, with the saying layered on a scalloped oval for contrast:


So glad you joined us, and I hope you have an egg-ceptionally great day!

26 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

cute cards Jackie! I need to get that cloud stencil. I just hand cut a shape to do my clouds.

True :) said...

Adorable cards Jackie! :)

stamping sue said...

A pop-up within a pop-up......Fantastic! I have a cloud template but who knows where it is..not me. lol!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

SOOOOO Cute Jackie!! LOVE this set and your card is darling!

Kimmy said...

How cute I love that the chick is on the egg and that cloud stencil is a must have.

Tami B. said...

I just bought my first honeycomb pads this past weekend at the Stamp Scrap Art Tour in Columbia, SC and can't wait to start using them, so this hop will be a great starting/inspiration point--perfect timing!

~Michelle~ said...

a pop-up within a pop-up...see you are the HP QUEEN! :D

CheckerBeads said...

love it!! I hadn't seen the rainbow pop yet! super cute!

Anne

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This rainbow design is adorable as can be-off I go to hop

Suziestamper said...

Jackie, I just love all the honeycomb paper but the rainbow is to die for. I have just about all the clear sets but now have to get the new ones since I saw them all on this blog hop. Inky Antics is the best. Thanks for sharing everyone's ideas on this blog hop. Now off to stamp and cut honeycomb paper. Hugs to you.

Summerthyme Studio said...

Love love love LOVE the Honey Pops!!!! Sooo darned cute!!!!

Diana N. said...

Love the rainbow paper! Both cards are marvelous! I want to make some today!

mandy said...

Lovely card hun the honey pops are so cute hugs Mandy xx

Jovita said...

Very cute cards Jackie, love your little pop up chick. Rainbow honeycomb paper... wow and the cloud stencil... must add to my list!

Bev Gerard said...

Smile-maker Alert!
These are such fun, Jackie! Love the doubled honeycomb egg. And now Inky has a cloud template?! Very cool!

{{{hugs}}}
~Tex

Debbie said...

I hadn't seen the rainbow honeycomb before, so cool! Like how you have the chick on top too! Thanks for sharing ;- )

Tammy C. said...

All of the DT members did a great job! HoneyPop is SO fun! Gotta get me that cloud template now! Thanks for the chance to win.

Shalady said...

Thanks for the hop today! It was a lot of fun! On your post I love the pop-up egg and chick. And I think the cloud stencil is a MUST HAVE! So manytimes I want a sky without using patterend paper! LOVE IT!

Sheila said...

I have really enjoyed this hop. There has been so many cute cards. Thank you all for sharing them with us.

Auntie Em said...

Your cards are adorable! I love the little chickie dancing on the pretty honeycomb egg. He looks happy to have spring arriving!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Tina said...

Thanks Jackie for a great blog hop! I got lots of new ideas. A couple I will be teaching in my March class! I absolutely love the card you did that opens horizontally. All my honeypop cards have opened vertically ... doing this, for sure!

Marie said...

Another fantastic hop, Jackie! Just finished making 3 HoneyPop samples with the "OLD" stamp sets, now I have to add these to my wish list! The pop up chick is pure genius!

LilyPinkScraps said...

Awesome card!!! Love that honeycomb egg with the chick - so, so cute :)

Barbara Colbert said...

Another great hop!!! I sure did enjoy looking at all of these great creations! Honey Pop just makes one smile!!!! Love that new multicolored paper!!! Great job by all!!!

Shell said...

Absolutely precious!! I just picked up 3 of these sets today at a local (well ... an hour from home ...) stamp store. I was looking for ideas and found your hop. What a treasure trove!!! I canNOT wait to have fun with these sets. Thank you for all of the wonderful ideas and the delightful cards. You have an amazing design team!!!! :)

snailzpace said...

very cute! this was a fun blog hop; i enjoyed browsing at all the creative projects!