Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Funnies: Unusual Menu Items

Yesterday I redeemed some of my points from a popular online shopping rewards program. I chose a gift certificate to Cheesecake Factory, so hopefully Steve and I will be enjoying a dinner there soon.

If you've been to Cheesecake Factory, you already know they offer more than 200 choices and the menu is several pages long. Aside from their obvious specialty (yeah, I'm talking to you, white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake!), one time I had the most tender chicken marsala ever. I've yet to recreate something that delicious with white meat chicken myself.

Despite their wide variety of dishes, you won't find this on the CF menu:


I know...darn it, right? I was sure hoping they'd offer at least one airline-style dish. It's my all-time favorite type of cuisine.

Pair it up with some of this, and you'd have a real winner:


What about this restaurant's featured item:


I'm sure the customers make sure to get there early before it sells out!

Hey, check this out:


I'm feeling smarter already! What about Pork Chops with essence of Encylopedia Brittanica?

Before any meal, you might want to consider ordering an appetizer:


It's a little disappointing they don't have real dog meat, huh? At least this next place offers you a choice:


I do wonder what the "unreal" chicken is made from, however.

Looks like this one is based on a tried-and-true recipe:


Um, no thanks. I've had enough Lucile for now.

If you're trying to cut down on your cholesterol intake anyway, here's a tasty-sounding alternative:


I'll refrain from making any "run and get it" jokes. Ha!

For those of you who prefer buffets, try eating here:


And if you order a beverage with your meal, they'll throw in some free Mumps and Rubella.

Here's another tantalizing choice:


Pair up my hormones with a nice Chianti, perhaps a Castello di Monsanto Classico Riserva, please!

Be sure to round out your meal with a side dish:


For dessert, what better way to top of your meal than with ice cream:


I hear the Liver 'n Strawberry flavor is to die for!

Thanks to 11 Points, Acid Cow, and Engrish for provide today's content. Bon appetit, Inky friends!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hilarious. I WAS hungry until I saw this post. :)

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Funny, Chelsea. ;-) Hmm, maybe I can use this as a new diet plan?

Blogger said...

FreedomPop is the #1 COMPLETELY FREE mobile phone provider.

With voice, text and data plans priced at £0.00/month (100% FREE CALLS).