Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Allie Gower: Flower Chick & Groovy Nature

Over the years, I've had the opportunity to meet so many amazing papercrafters and wonderful people...and Allie Gower most certainly has both of these attributes! So it's with great pleasure that I'm introducing her as our Inky Guest Designer for March:


"About a year ago," Allie recalls, "I moved to chilly Minnesota. This great state has a great, natural beauty, and I can look out my window and just feel like I’m camping. I love the outdoors, the coniferous trees and all the great bodies of water, and of course the snow. Send more snow!"

Little did she know when writing the above that her wish would come true. We got a bunch of snow last week, and I think we're good for now! Despite Allie's love for the cold, white stuff, however, she chose two of our new springtime sets to create today's project.

The first is 11095SC Flower Chick Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


The second is 11093MC Groovy Nature Clear Set (also by Tammy DeYoung):


And just look at what she made:


Wow, I got as excited as a kid on Christmas when I first saw Allie's incredible wall hanging! You can click on any of the photos below to see a larger version, but I'll highlight a few of my favorite features starting with this piece (which contains 9951F Blooming Flower Chick in the wood mounted version):


Allie is certified by Copic, and that's evident in her coloring and seamless blending. Here's another example of that, showing 9121G Flower Hat Chick in the wood mounted version:


Each of the pieces contains wonderful little details, such as this layered butterfly:


The top butterfly has a light dusting of gold glitter, and the bottom layer is olive green rather than teal. I think it's cool how the pearl bling swirls off the butterfly, almost like a flight trail.

And did you notice the circles are inked in brown around the edges? Also, the punched paper flowers contain different centers, alternating from mini buttons to pearls. It's all these "little things" put together that make Allie's project so special!

Here's another colored image, from the Groovy Nature Clear Set (or 5911H Sing To The Lord as wood mounted):


You can see the popped-up wing in this side view:


Wanna know what's behind the scenes? It's twill tape threaded from the back, which holds everything together:


Want the chance to win your own Flower Chick and Groovy Nature Clear Sets? Please join me in welcoming Allie as this month's Inky Guest Designer by leaving a comment at the end of this post, and you'll be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Wednesday, March 7th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear sets that Allie used above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

27 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Lovely project and makes me want spring now!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! This is a darling project! Great job!

stamping sue said...

Great wall hanging. love all the detail that Ali put into it.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

CheckerBeads said...

Thanks alot for making it snow. SIgh. :)
Love the project! welcome!

Anne

Patricia R. said...

Love this project! What a perfect way to decorate the house for Spring. I'm going to try it using coasters for the base. Welcome Ali! Great job.

Tammy C. said...

I am SO ready for spring! Thanks for the chance to win a little springtime!

Kimmy said...

Just a lovely project! My parents moved to MN about 5 years ago and it is a beautiful place to live.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

She asked for more snow and we got it too!!! lol
Love the bright and cheerful design and colors-I am so ready for Spring

True :) said...

LOVE this project but love my friend Allie even more! She is super sweet and has a huge heart! So glad she is guesting with us this month! :)

Gine said...

Awesome work as always Allie

Brenda Sigafoos said...

Congradulation My Friend Your work is totally beautiful I would love to hang this in my house your art and your way of appling your creations is like your personality Bright cute, Funny to the point how inspiring.

Marcie said...

This is a beautiful project. I am lucky to call Allie a friend. What a joy that she is the guest designer for my favorite stamp company.

magster1045 said...

Great job Allie! Love your creation. Once again you have produced an awesome creation! I am so impressed with your work with Inky Antics rubber stamps. Keep up the good work, my friend.

Sue D said...

Welcome Allie! Very creative wall hanging. I like how you layered and colored the butterfly.

Squirlygirl said...

You guys are so lucky, but you know that :) You are also very right about Allie being sweet and talented! Welcome Mrs. Allie :D xoxo
~Hugs~
Becky
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

Marie said...

Lovely wall hanging, Allie. Beautiful arrangement of dp and great spring colors.

Diana N. said...

Allie, you did a fantastic job creating this spring wall hanging! I love the colors, the coloring and all the 3-D embellishments that make this a marvelous home decor item.

Samantha Wheatley said...

Very cute Allie! You are so creative AND crafty! We admire your skills!

Linda W. said...

I know Allie personally and I also know you have the most talented person on the planet designing for you! Hang on to her! She's just a great person! Hugs Allie!

Sue in CT said...

What a wonderful piece! If that don't say spring I don't know what does. I love the coloring ...so perfect. Love the dimensions (popped wing on the bird and the embellishments). Great job!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely work Allie!!

Anonymous said...

Allie did a great job, it is so colorful and sringy looking that you want to go plant flowers in the snow. She does wonderful work!
Just love it!
Shirley B.

snailzpace said...

such a cute project! the stamps are adorable.

Dawn said...

Hi Allie, Long time no see! How are you girlie?? Your hanging is beautful. Congrats on your guest spot. I love inky antics, and your piece is beautiful! Hugs to you from Sunny SC :)
Dawn in Myrtle Beach

sparkling stamper said...

What a darling stamp set. I would love to win it. I love your samples, they are so inspiring!

Debbie K. said...

Darling project Allie! Love the little chick and would be thrilled to own the set. Happy Spring!!!

judyjstamper said...

what a cute idea! and the stamp sets are perfect for this wall hanging!