Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Allie Gower: Delightful Dogs

When artist Janie Miller first submitted the stamp designs for 11076MC Delightful Dogs #3 Clear Set, they made me grin from ear to ear:


I still get a smile on my face whenever I look at them, especially when I see the stamps in a project like this:


Cute card, right? Allie Gower did a wonderful job, which anyone can see at first glance.

But if you look closer, you'll notice all the details that really make her project stand out! Take a peek at the shaker pouch, for instance. Not only is it filled with fun bead inclusions, but the dog image (0401F Butterfly Pup) is beautifully colored and blended:


And check out the butterfly and dog's paws, which are layered and popped up with foam tape:


Oh, but there's more! It's not just a regular shaker card. Push back the easel-style front, and you'll see the hidden treats inside:


Here's a better view of the shallow acetate box that holds the candies:


The base card measures 6" x 12", and it's scored at 6" and 9". The card front is 6" x 6", and the candy panel (with 0349D Fluttering By saying) is 2 1/4" x 5 7/8" with a 1 3/8" x 2 1/2" cut-out window:


I love how the chocolate pieces are neatly lined up like little soldiers:


Little soldiers waiting to be devoured by me, that is! You'll have to make your own, Inky friends. :-)

4 comments:

stamping sue said...

what a great easel card!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a nicely made card. Adorable. Just loving that cute doggy. Have to get him for my collection. Thanks for sharing. Robin Barwacz

Scrapin Kat said...

That is so cute -- I just bought Cadbury eggs to make some treat! maybe I will share ?

Angelicnwa said...

what a great idea for an easil card! Never thought about doing the candy thing for the easil.