Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Sherry Cheever: Worldly Women

Sherry Cheever is known on Splitcoaststampers as Bad Sherry (or Her Royal Badness, as mentioned on her blog), which cracks me up. I can't think of anything "bad" about this lovely lady, whom I'm thrilled to introduce as our Inky Guest Designer for April:


She's one of those people you can't help but instantly like when you first meet. She has a warm, down-to-earth personality and is quick to smile. Her quirky sense of humor draws you in, such as when she explains, "I only have nine toes...I lost a little toe due to a tumor a number of years ago. I love telling people I can only count to 19 (most don’t get it)."

See what I mean?

Sherry lives in Jeffersonville, Indiana (which is directly across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY). She's been married to her husband, Lance ("or Mr. Stodgy as my blog readers know him"), since 1978 and they have two grown daughters.

Her favorite Inky stamps are the Worldy Women, so of course we had to start off Sherry's series with those! For today's project, she used 10970MC Worldly Women #1 Clear Set (drawn by artist Nancye Williams)


This is the fantastic card she created (which is also available in wood mounted as 0472J Marcella):


I love the vintage feel of Sherry's project, and her crinkled bow tops off the card beautifully. It was made from white seam binding that she dyed with Distress Ink, and you can watch her YouTube video showing the process here.

She also decorated the inside of her card (0463G Snapdragon Part in the wood mounted version), which really finishes things nicely:


Spellbinders™: S4-130 Classic Rectangles SM, S4-132 Classic Rectangles LG, S4-138 Petite Ovals, S4-139 Petite Scalloped Ovals, Grand Calibur®

Inks: Copic Markers; Gold Spica Marker; Ranger Archival Jet Black; Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Antique Linen Distress

Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Kraft and Black Cardstock; My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found – Union Square

Other: Ranger Glossy Accents, Mister, Craft Sheet, Heat-it-Tool, Cut n’ Dry Foam; Sewing Machine; Seam Binding; Foam Tape

Image colored with Copic Markers and sentiments stamped in Archival Jet Black. Edges of paper sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

* * *

Please join me in welcoming Sherry to the Inky blog. Many thanks to her for sharing this wonderful card, and to YOU for visiting!

17 comments:

Mrs. Swandog said...

Awesome card Sherry!

Carol said...

I just love how Sherry uses that seam binding! Another very pretty project, Sherry!

Nan G said...

These ladies are a hoot! Very much like Sherry. Love her work.

Anonymous said...

Cute card Sherry and congratulations for being picked to appear here. Keep those cards coming. Edna

stamping sue said...

great card. I've been checking Sherry's blog for at least a year now and am always impressed by her art.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Micki said...

Yes, Sherry is just as you described. At my first CHA in 2006, I was introduced and she instantly took me under her wing (sort of). Definitely am glad I got to know her better and of course, her art.... something I aspire to. Her ribbon and flower artistry always blows me away :-).

Love your Worldly Women stamps....

Merrylion said...

Love the cards and have been following Sherry's blog a little over a year. Love her creativity and her sense of humor.

Vic said...

Sherry rocked her card!

TikiBwana said...

Great card!

Sue D said...

Welcome Sherry--love your card!

Linda M said...

I have been following Sherry's blog for some time now and her offerings are very creative - her handmade flowers are awesome and she has a way with Copics and distress ink! Congratulations on her guest designer spot!

Peg Robinson said...

Cool! Worldly women are great.

famillemarleau said...

Very beautiful card. Love that image. Have a nice day, Johanne L.

kathy/North Carolina said...

I love Sherry's work. Been a fan for a while now. That is a hilarious stamp set!

sewi said...

This is a good blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic.It tells good things about living happily and falling in love. Thanks for sharing such a nice blog to everyone. k2 incense

nancye williams said...

Hi Sherry,
I am nancye williams the creator of the worldly women. I wanted to say what a nice job you've done with these. Thank you.
nancye

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Get professional trading signals sent to your cell phone daily.

Follow our trades NOW and profit up to 270% per day.