Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Sherry Cheever: More Daisy Bouquets

When I asked Sherry Cheever to share a few words of wisdom about stamping, here's what she said:

"I think I’ve learned to be true to myself/yourself. Do the type of stamping/papercrafting that makes you happy. If you struggle with a certain style (i.e., clean and simple), then that’s probably not your style. If you don’t like making messes and struggle with tearing a piece of paper, then distress/shabby is probably not for you.

"Do what makes you happy! I’ve found that when I’m at my creative best, I’m happy with what I’m doing."

We love that advice, and I think you can see how Sherry's happiness translates into her projects! For this week's card, she used 11096MC Daisy Bouquets Clear Set, drawn by artist Vicki Schreiner:


This is the same clear set from last week but this time featuring the Daisy Teacup image (2893J in the wood mounted version). Take a look at the lovely card that Sherry created with it:


I love the stitching and patterned paper that is repeated on the inside:


Spellbinders™:  E8-006 Classic Petal Edgeabilities, E8-003 Classic Triple Scallop Edgeabilities, S4-344 Tear Drop Circles, S4-114 Classic Circles LG, S4-116 Classic Circles SM, S4-138 Petite Ovals, S4-139 Petite Scalloped Ovals, Grand Calibur®

Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Archival Jet Black; Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink; Copic Markers

Papers:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Green and Pale Yellow Core-dinations; Cosmo Cricket Mini Deck – Tea for Two

Other:  Ranger Craft Sheet, Mister, Stamp Pad Foam, Heat it™ Tool, Glossy Accents; Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares; Waxed Linen Thread; Seam Binding; Sewing Machine; Scor-Buddy

Daisy Teacup was stamped on Neenah paper in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic Markers. Die cut/embossed with various circles and edges sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  Each layer separated with foam squares.

Edge of background paper (green) was die cut/embossed with Edgeabilities, scored and folded over the front. The yellow layer was die cut/embossed with the same Edgeabilities, cut an inch longer, and layered beneath the green layer. Background paper was sponged with Antique Linen and stitched to green layer. 

Seam binding was dyed with a touch of Antique Linen.

* * *
Want the chance to win your own 11096MC Daisy Bouquets Clear Set? Please join me in bidding a fond farewell to Sherry as April's Inky Guest Designer. Leave a comment at the end of this post letting her know how much you've enjoyed her projects, and you'll be entered in a little BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Wednesday, May 2nd, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Sherry used above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

9 comments:

Shalady said...

Great advice. I need to learn to not beat myself up when I struggle with other styles. It takes a joy out of my card making! Thanks for sharing your creations with us Sherry - beautiful card by the way...I love your layering!

CheckerBeads said...

we will miss you Sherry!! love all your fun designs.

Anne

Debbie H said...

Sherry, I love how you combine shabby and chic! (I drool over beautiful vintage trims :). Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!

Jean Hanks said...

Sherry, thanks for sharing with us. I just love your work and am inspired by your posts. I particularly love this set of stamps. Daisies remind me of my sister and I am waiting until Stampaway to get it for myself - if I can wait that long.

Shell said...

Such beautiful work and wonderful advice. You're so right. If you aren't true to your own style, you'll never be satisfied with the creations you make. I will miss seeing your beautiful creations!

Barb said...

Sherry, thank you for inspiring all of us with your wonderful creations. I really appreciate your encouragement for stampers to create in their own style.

Sue D said...

Another lovely card! I like seeing the insides of cards too. Thanks for a great month, Sherry, and for the words of stamping wisdom.

Diana N. said...

Fantastic card! Pretty inside as it is on the outside!

snailzpace said...

thank you for the inspiration, sherry, and for encouraging everyone to be true to themselves and their own style.
linda