Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Action Wobbles Blog Hop

For May's blog hop, we're featuring a fun product called Action Wobbles:


They're self-adhesive collapsible springs that add motion and dimension to flat objects for a unique effect. Our own DT member Tex first introduced them to me, and I'm so excited that Inky is now carrying them!

I asked our designers if they wanted to get some Action...in Wobbles form, of course! To see what they made, please visit each DT member's blog and leave comments along the way. The more you comment, the better your chances are to win. (Limit one comment per blog, please.)

The blog hop starts today and ends on Monday, May 28th at midnight Central time. THREE people’s names will be drawn at random to receive a pack of Action Wobbles and a surprise Inky clear stamp set! The winners’ names will be announced next Tuesday, so remember to stop back and see if you’ve won.

Ready to begin? Here's the order:

Crystal
Debbie
Keri
Tex
Michelle
Jovi
Trudy

After you're done, please return here to see my projects and leave a final comment. Enjoy hopping, Inky friends!

* * *

For this hop, I used 11095SC Flower Chick Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung, and available at the bottom of this page):


I made a video showing how to create an Action Wobbles pin:



Here's a close-up photo of the pin you saw in the video, showing the chick's layered flower "cap" (popped up with foam tape) and a bit of Glaze Clear Gloss Pen applied to his beak:


I was wearing this pin when I asked my convention friend Angie to take a photo together at the Akron show:


Our 10976MC Flower Turtle Clear Set (also drawn by Tammy DeYoung) is a classic Inky favorite:

 
It works great with Action Wobbles (along with some Glossy AccentsStardust Glitter Pen, and a white opaque pen as embellishments):
 
 

The images on 10989MC Buggie Friends Clear Set (drawn by Tammy, as well) are just the right size for wobbling:


 
Megan, who was Demo Lady Extraordinaire in Akron and Fitchburg recently, proudly wore her Action Wobbles:
 

Did you spot the ladybug pin? You can see more details here:
 
 
Want a more serious design? Try 11014SC Brushed Calligraphy Clear Set (including calligraphy by artist Barbara Callow):
 

Becky O'Donnell, who taught several classes in Akron, sported the butterfly version:

 
I used the Metallic Cream Chalks to color in the image, with sparkly Stardust Glitter Pen touches:


To see the entire set of wobbling pins, take a peek at this:

 

Thanks for hopping with us today, and I hope to see you back on the blog again soon!

25 comments:

Jennifer said...

Each pin is delightful! I'm just tickled about the new "Wobblers". Whether on a card or a pin, these are so much fun. Your pins are adorable!

Cheers!
Jennifer

Linda R. said...

Great hop! Thanks for sharing all the inspiration. And the pins are adorable. Each one is so perfect!

True :) said...

LOVE your pins Jackie! Looks like the girls did too by the smiles on their faces!
The Wobbles were so fun to play with!

Hugs,
True :D

stamping sue said...

Fun hop! the pins are a great idea.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Scrapthat said...

WOW!! Awesome! I love the idea of the pins!
Great hop...all the gals had super cute stamping and great coloring too!
Thank you for the video showing how to attach the Action wobble!! I'm bookmarking this in case I can find these! (or win!)
TFS! Fun start to my morning. :D I've put your blog in my reader so I can see what other cute things you have in store!

Debbie H. said...

Jackie, these pins are adorable! I can't wait to get some WOBBLES and get started! I love making cards AND pins, so these are a MUST for my craft room! Thanks for the inspiration!

Gail S. said...

Cute cards that ALL you your DT made! Love the idea of also using it as a pin! Maybe incorporate a card that has a removable image and it can be used as a pin also?! Cute images - especially love bees!

Jovita said...

Jackie LOVE your pins, each is wonderful. I love the little turtle, I may have to borrow that idea.

Diana N. said...

Love your pins! Great product - wobbles! Loved the blog hop today!

Rhonda Miller said...

Those pins are fantastic. What a fun way to use the action wobbles.

Thanks for a fabulous blog hop. Everyone did a great job.

Sharon Roselli said...

Can't wait to try the wobbles! Great hop 1st time hopping with you I really enjoyed. You have a very talented team! next month craft allowance will be spent here! So glad to of found you all.

Bev Gerard * TexasGrammy said...

Oh my gosh, Jackie! I must find one of those pin backs before y'all get here to Arlington next week! I totally LUV the pins with the wobbles!!

(((hugs)))
Tex

Cynthia H said...

Thanks for sharing your new product. I already have a card idea in mind. My mom had foot surgery and it would make a great card "Hope you have a spring in your step soon" with a shoe or flip flop on the wobble. How neat.

cdjcape521 said...

I love the videos, thank you so much! Great work from the entire team!

Crystal said...

LOVE these wobbles Jackie thanks again for another fun and fabulous hop sweetie!!!!

Lisa R. said...

Wow, what a fantastic idea to use the wobble for a pin! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

snailzpace said...

all the cards and images with the wobbles are sooo cute and the pin is creative and adorable, especially with the layered hat!
linda

Debbie H. said...

@Cynthia H., my neice just had foot surgery. Mind if I borrow your idea?! Love it! These wobbles put a spring in my step, for sure! :)

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Now these are fun. How cute to make them in to pins--delightful!!

KristaInMN at gmail dot com

Sue D said...

Fabulous blog hop--I like seeing which image was chosen to wobble. I like your selection of wobbling pins too.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Dandi93 said...

I never thought of using a smaller image and just punching out a circle big enough to accommodate the action wobble, what a great idea...

rlovew said...

Fabulous hop. I love the little pins as well especially the turtle and butterfly.

karen adams said...

whay a cute idea! love the blog hops! wish me luck!

karen adams

Cheryl said...

Great idea! Love how simple it is but so cute!

Janna said...

Love the wobbles, and your projects are all so cute! Loved the days when we all traded pins at the stamping conventions! Just got back from vacation and of course I shopped stamp stores in different cities. Did you buy any Inky Antics stamps you might ask? Why yes I did!! :) Along with more honeycomb paper!! Happy Stamping! :)