Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Paula Williamson: Turtle's Flowers

When I asked Paula Williamson where she gets ideas for her stamping projects, she replied, "Mostly my inspiration comes from choosing images that grab me. I love cute & whimsical."

It doesn't surprise us that she chose 10976MC Flower Turtle Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung) as an example:


Paula also says that "sometimes it's a new pad of paper that gets me going and I will look for images that will pair up good with it."

We're not sure which one came first in this case, but we sure love the results:


"My favorite technique is coloring my images with my colored pencils and Gamsol," she states. "I guess that may not come as a big surprise, haha.

"[But] I struggle like a crazy person when it comes to embellishments on my card. I see awesome examples and I try and remember them for future ideas. I have pretty much resigned myself to thinking that people are looking at my blog for coloring ideas and not my compositions."

You may recall that Paula said the same thing last week, but personally I'd beg to differ. For example, look at how she added glitter around the flowers using a Quickie Glue Pen and a "pouncing dots" technique:


She included thin wisps of grass underneath the shell, with a Glaze Clear Gloss Pen applied on top of the shell in the four shaped areas and on the pink turtle tummy:


The sky was sponged with chalk ink, and she added some Distress Ink in Vintage Photo all around the whole piece.

And did you notice the fun "postage edge" strip peeking from beneath the ribbon trim and bow:


Just adorable! Last but not least, Paula finished the inside of her card very nicely:


Prismacolor Pencils: White, Lemon Yellow 915, Yellow Ochre 942, Nectar 1092, Pink 929, Blush Pink 928, Raspberry 1030, Pumpkin Orange 1032, Chartreuse 989, Limepeel 1005, Marine Green 988, Prussian Green 109, Dark Brown 946, French Grey 90% 1076

Supplies: 10976MC Flower Turtle Clear Set, Memento Black Ink, White Cardstock, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Ink Blending Tool, Color Box Petal Point Chalk Ink Set in Mist, Glaze Clear Gloss Pen, Ultrafine Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Bazzill Cardstock, October Afternoon 8x8 Pad in 5 & Dime, EK Success Postage Edge Punch, Brads, Ribbon

6 comments:

Shell said...

Super precious card with amazing coloring ... and yes, great embellies!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us, Paula.

Sue D said...

I have this turtle stamp and verse and love to use them. Fabulous card--I like all the details.

Sandy said...

Paula's cards are always an inspiration! She has such an eye for color, her skill is amazing and she is an amazingly talented down to earth person! I so totally adore her work and her as a person!

Jovita said...

Adorable, this is one of my favorite turtle stamps.

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Sure appreciate your kind comments, ladies. :-) Thanks for taking the time to write!

stamping sue said...

What a great card. great job
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/