Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Kerri Michaud: Puppy Love

If you already know this lady, you'll understand why I'm super happy about today's post:


Her name is Kerri Michaud, and she lives with her husband and three children in Apopka, Florida. Tex Gerard used to be in the Dirty Dozen with her on Splitcoast, and I'm so glad she referred me to Kerri.

Why, do you ask? That's easy...for one thing, she's a very sweet lady. In her online interview, Kerri exclaimed, "I'm so excited to be spending the month of July with Inky Antics! Thank you so much for the amazing opportunity!"

But, really, the pleasure of having Kerri as our Guest Designer is all ours (and now yours!). She is also an extremely talented stamper. For her first project, she used 10948LC Puppy & Kitty Love Clear Set:


The wood mounted version is 0695J Puppy Love, and just look what she did with it:


If you click on the photo above, you can view a larger version and see Kerri's lovely card even better! Did you see her gorgeous coloring and blending? Here, let me bring the camera in closer:


Beautiful, huh! When I asked her to describe her stamping style, Kerri said, "I love to color and I like my cards to be pretty clean. Not too much fuss."

I think she struck just the right amount in terms of embellishing, don't you? The coordinating patterned papers, stitching around the edges, and layered flower give her card pizzazz...and I love the notched pair of ribbons peeking from behind the image panel:


Want a chance to win your own 10948LC Puppy & Kitty Love Clear Set? Just leave a comment at the end of this post helping me welcome Kerri as this month's Inky Guest Designer, and you'll be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Wednesday, July 4th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Kerri used above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

12 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Ah, welcome Kerri. Aren't these just adorable images!!

Queen Mary said...

Very cool! Love Kerri's coloring!

Sue D said...

Welcome Kerri--your card is wonderful. I like the coloring and your style.

Diana N. said...

Welcome Kerri! You do a terrific job coloring and blending!

Debbie H. said...

Love your style, Kerri! Really cool card!

Njeri said...

Welcome Kerri to Inky Antics. We are looking forward to seeing your work.
Your card is fabulous and your coloring skills are perfect.

Njeri
cutekipepeo@gmail.com

stamping sue said...

Kerri, like your take on the puppy love card you created. It is a sweet image but you color scheme just makes it suitable for a male card. Wonderful!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Julie E said...

Love Kerri's work! So happy to have found your blog thru Kerri.
Such an adorable card!

SheriE. said...

Welcome Kerri! I love these doggy and kitty images.

Jen P said...

Welcome Kerri! Love the coloring on your card. And this set is so adorable - looks like my dogs with my cat - they love to "hug" her LOL! :)

Jennifer Scull said...

hello, Kerri! so glad you are here! what a wonderful card you have made with this cutie set! :) love the ribbon tails!

Roxie said...

So adorable!