Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Kerri Michaud: Caterpillar Cottage

When I asked Kerri Michaud (this month's Inky Guest Designer) to name a few of her Inky stamps, she said, "I adore all things cute, so I just love the critter stamps like Puppy & Kitty Love, Birthday Turtle, and Hanging Out Buggies.

You've already seen her adorable projects with Puppy & Kitty Love and Birthday Turtle. Today's card features the third set, 10986MC Hanging Out Buggies Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


Take a look at this beautiful card that Kerri made:


"I think a great way to color coordinate your cards is to select your image and designer paper that you want to use first," suggested Kerri, "[and] then color to coordinate with the dp. I usually pick out a sketch to use as well, then I’m organized and ready to go!"

You can see how brilliantly that idea works when you take a closer look at her coloring:


Personally, I tend to think "inside the box" too much. But I love the color combinations that Kerri took from her designer paper (Madeline from Prima). Using teal, green, and pinky-red for the caterpillar? I never would have thought of it myself, but it looks fantastic! The sketch layout she used is here.

Kerri listed Copics, sewing machine, foam squares, dies, ribbon, buttons, twine, and designer paper as her top tools that she relies upon (besides stamps, of course), and you can see them all in this card. One of my favorite finishing touches is her combination of button, twine, and ribbon:


That old saying really is true: the difference is in the details!

4 comments:

stamping sue said...

great card and I really like her choice of colors. That mushroom house is absolutely adorable!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Julie E said...

What a cute set! Just love the whimsy Keri added with the colors.

snailzpace said...

very cute and colourful!

Sue D said...

Very cute card and great tip of coordinating with the dp.