Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Tina Covington: HoneyPOP Squirrel

Back in 1994, a co-worker convinced Tina Covington to visit their nearest rubber stamp store...which was 20 miles away, the closest one at the time.  Tina purchased a few stamps and thought she'd see if she liked it. 

"I was instantly hooked!" she says. "A year later, I decided to quit my job and open a rubber stamp store in Fort Worth. I had the store for 14 years and closed in July of 2009. I will always be thankful for those years of memories, and all the friendships I made."

Even after closing her store, Tina continues to be very active in the stamping world. Last year, she started teaching a monthly card class at The Crafty Scrapper. We always look forward to seeing her at the two conventions we do in Texas every year, and finding out what she's been up to lately.

But, this month, I don't have to wait for another show for a visit with Tina! I'm so pleased to announce that she's our Inky Guest Designer for August:
  

For her first project, Tina used 11117MC Squirrel HoneyPOP Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


Here are the adorable results:


Of course, my personal favorite part is the honeycomb "surprise" inside:


I think it's neat how Tina die cut the saying and then added a half-circle of patterned paper in the lower part. What a great way to use a circle die with rectangular sayings!

Another interesting feature is how the lighter panel inside is layered onto a darker base. If you use Copic markers and the colors bleed through to the back, this is the perfect solution.

Hey, would you like to win your own 11117MC Squirrel HoneyPOP Clear Set? Please leave a comment at the end of this post helping me welcome Tina as this month's Inky Guest Designer, and you'll be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Monday, August 6th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set and honeycomb pads that Tina used above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

16 comments:

jessica said...

Congrats to Tina for being this months Guest Designer! I think this stamp set is soooo adorable and she did an awesome job with her card!! The papers she used, the card LO and the adorable sentiments make this a super fun fall card!!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Another set that I just have to have. I have a love/hate relationship with squirrels. They eat all of my food I set out for the birds! Great job on the card. Love the colors.

Teresa

stamping sue said...

what a fabulous honey pop set!!!
Tina great card. have fun this month designing for Inky Antics.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

stamping sue said...

Hi, great job!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Welcome Tina and this is a great new set!

Lisa Castillo said...

Wow! Such a cute set!! Welcome Tina!!!

Linda R. said...

Hi Tina! Nice to meet you! I love the card you made. The colors are very rich. The design incorporating the cute little squirrel stamps is just perfect! Congratulations.

Lori said...

Welcome to you Tina! I would love to play with this! So cute!

Lori

Sue D said...

Welcome Tina! Wonderful card--I like the die cut saying inside.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Susan said...

Love the card! Welcome!

Diana N. said...

It is so nice to meet you Tina! This squirrel with the honey pop acorn inside is fantastic! Love the pp and colors you used inside and out!

Mrs. Swandog said...

Welcome Tina! Your card is awesome. Love the colors love the layout!

Theresa Metts said...

I love the card. Honey pop are so much fun. I love seeing the new stuff at stamp away this pass weekend

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing you at the convention yesterday. Love your stamps!
--Ella

Anonymous said...

I am new to this site and relatively new to card making, I am hooked, I love it andnimlove this site. Very nice card, now for me to collect and buy all the supplies necessary!

Linda R. said...

Hi Tina! Welcome. I look forward to seeing more of your work as this card is adorable!