Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Tina Covington: Punny Christmas Penguin

One of the many things that Tina Covington says she loves about stamping is using designer paper and layering.

"During the years I had my store, my card layers were stamped instead of using designer papers," she explains, "but with all the choices of beautiful papers that are now out there, I want to always incorporate papers into my cardmaking and projects. I just love this look."

You can see how Tina used two different designer papers, along with a dry-embossed panel to add both color and texture to her card:
   

This adorable project features 11128MC Punny Christmas Penguins Clear Set, drawn by Inky artist and DT member Trudy Sjolander:


Tina's project is originally based on a spinner card. However, because she didn't want her penguin and iceberg to turn upside down, she added an additional set of pennies so that her little guy slides instead of spins:


What a stroke of genius! You can see the placement of pennies above. The foam dots sit on the oval cut-out track, allowing the horizontal movement.

Here's the penguin again, shown in a different place on the track:


Tina didn't forget to decorate the inside of her card, either:


Now, that's a super cool project! ;-) Thanks so much to Tina for sharing her creativity with us, and to you for tuning in to the Inky blog.

* * *
Want the chance to win your own 11128MC Punny Christmas Penguins Clear Set? Please join me in wishing a warm farewell to Tina as the Inky Guest Designer for August.

Leave a comment at the end of this post letting her know how much you've enjoyed her projects, and you'll be entered in a little BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Wednesday, August 29th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Tina used above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

7 comments:

stamping sue said...

Tina fabulous idea of the two pennies. I've done it with a pull but using the two pennies is genious. Wonderful card!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Diana N. said...

Tina, you are so clever! What a cute card! Thanks for sharing how you made it slide!

Michele B said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas and being the Inky Guest Designer. I would never have thought of using the pennies.

Julie E said...

Such a great idea!! Wonderfully cute projects all week :>)

Anonymous said...

I just love this card. How clever to use two pennies so it slides instead of spinning. Love your work and Inky Antics too!

True :) said...

Adorable card Tina!
Thanks for guesting!
Hugs,
True :D

Lynnette said...

I am in love with penguins this year for Christmas and i must say you have a really neat idea here. I must try and see if I can do this.