Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Fur Texture

I was thrilled when Julie Elak recently sent me a photo of the adorable card she made using 10948LC Puppy & Kitty Love Clear Set (drawn by artist Janie Miller):
 

She'd won the stamp set in one of our blog candy drawings, so it was fun to get an update on how she was enjoying it.

Did you notice the neat fur texture she added to the image? You may recall seeing this technique during our CHA sneak peek of Trudy Sjolander's new Punny Christmas Critters collection:


The card above features 11129MC Punny Christmas Pups Clear Set, or 0095H Fleas Navidad in the wood mounted version.

Here's another example from her collection, showing the same furry look with 11124MC Punny Christmas Cats Clear Set (also available as wood mounted 5281H Meowy Christmas Cat):


Were you wondering how to create that great textured appearance? Last year, Trudy had posted an awesome video tutorial on her blog:


Have you tried coloring fur with pencils and Gamsol? If so, we'd love to see what you made!

5 comments:

Sue D said...

I like the fur textures on these projects and thanks for posting Trudy's video--it was very helpful--now I need to go practice a lot.

Julie E said...

Thanks :>)

Ella said...

enjoyed the video, what paper do you use for coloring with pencils

Mary Decker said...

I admire how hard you work to make your cat look just like my real cat!!
Seriously, you do work hard!! Thanks for the video.

pqueenie said...

Thanks for this tutorial. I sure learned alot. Hope my kitties start to look better!