Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Anita Madden: Benton's Bath & Apology

Besides stamps, what are your favorite papercrafting tools that you cannot live without? When I asked Anita Madden this question, the first thing she said was, "My paper cutter--what would I do without it?"

"I also couldn't live without my dies and my Big Shot," she continues, "[and] I love to use ribbons, buttons, Stickles and Glamour Dust.

"And I'm addicted to pretty papers! I can never have too many papers, and I love that the companies are offering the 6 x 6 pads. They're so perfect for cardmakers."

Anita utilized several of her must-have tools when creating today's cards, which feature the same Benton the Bear character that Anita used for the first card we introduced her with earlier this month.

There are six different stamp sets in the Benton Bear collection, with this adorable guy doing different activities. One of them is 11083MC Pampered Benton Clear Set (drawn by artist Darby New):
.  

Anita used the Benton's Bath image (8821K in wood mount) on a card that's "bubbling over" with cuteness:


She added Star Dust Stickles on the bubbles and arranged her buttons in a pattern to mimic them. What a great idea, huh?

Four weeks ago, you saw the beautiful card she'd made with 11081MC Aviator Benton Clear Set:


She turned the Benton's Hiding image (8722G in wood mount) from that set into a charming apology card: 


Anita cut out the card with her largest scalloped circle Nestabilities and then layered cream cardstock and designer paper on top.

She fussy cut the bear and popped him up with foam dots. Finally, the sentiment was cut apart, matted on cardstock, and adhered beneath a few buttons:


Now, who could resist forgiving someone who gave them a heartwarming card like this!

* * *
Would you like the opportunity to win your own 11083MC Pampered Benton Clear Set? Please help me in thanking Anita for sharing her wonderful projects with us as the Inky Guest Designer for September.

Leave a comment at the end of this post for her, and you'll be entered in a little BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Wednesday, October 3rd, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Anita used in her first card above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

10 comments:

Teresa A Mikalouski said...

Anita, thank you for sharing your talent! My favorite would have to be Benton's bath. Cute idea with the buttons and embossing on the background. Keep up the great work!

Suzanne :O ) said...

I've loved looking at Anita's cards this week- her coloring skills are jaw-dropping! Thanks for the chance to win this stamp set, though I'm sure I couldn't make Benton look as good as she does! lol :)

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards using Benton! I like the fun button bubbles on the first card and the shape and coloring on the second. Thanks so much Anita for sharing your talent--I learned some new coloring tricks.

Mary J said...

Such gorgeous cards - that Anita is a very talented lady! Gorgeous stamp sets!

Debs M said...

loving these stamp sets and those cards are gorgeous!!

stamping sue said...

Anita, I enjoyed both your cards and I have to agree I can't live without my paper cutter or nestabilities! Your first card is adorable and the embossed background is perfect.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Creative M said...

Hi Anita!Your cards are very Supe Cute and so much Fun!!Love the idea of using buttons for bubbles...Clever!The coloring on both are very SWEET!!You are very talentd and let's not forget Creative!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Cheryl First said...

Oh, my....those cards are absolutely darling! Thanks for putting a smile on my face! :0)
((HUGS))
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions

Strokesstitches said...

I loved the cards especially the little details

Diana N. said...

Anita, I have to tell you I found your cards so charming. You did a fantastic job with both of the featured cards! I love the bubble bath card especially. The textured background and blue buttons are perfect for echoing the design elements in the focal image.