Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Anna Wight: Cupcake Chef

We're so glad that Anna Wight lists the Chef's Choice collection among her Inky favorites because we love them, too! If there's stamping and food involved, how can you go wrong?

She used one of the Chef's Choice sets for last week's project, and this week she chose 10957LC Baking Chefs Clear Set (drawn by artist Ronnie Walter):

When asked to describe her stamping style in just a few words, Anna states, "Simple, cheerful, and colorful!"

Yep, that's definitely true! You can see how those terms capture the essence of her adorable card:


"I like to keep my designs simple because I tend to use colored images that I want to be the main focus on the card," explains Anna. "I use ribbon, buttons, die-cuts, and doo-dads, but I keep a minimalist style. I love to use images that allow me to color them, to give them my own style."

Here she focused on the Cupcake Chef image from the set (or 10832J in the wood mounted version):


"Most of my inspiration comes from colors I see in printed papers," she continues. "I only use images I love, and having a large assortment of images available to me, the colors in the papers I use really help me pull a project together."

We love the warm color palette that Anna used for her scrumptious-looking card, which includes designer paper from Cosmo Cricket. She colored the image with ShinHan Touch Twin markers and added ultrafine glitter for sparkle (along with her "signature" tracing wheel dots around the edges). The she popped it up with foam tape.

Finally, she created the sentiment banner, adhered a threaded button to the banner, and attached it to her card:


Many thanks to Anna for sharing this super cute project with us. Please come back next week to see what else she'll be "cooking up" as our Guest Designer for October.

In the meantime, hope you have a sweet day, Inky friends!

P.S. Anna has done it again...she's made another charming card using the same Cupcake Chef stamp. To see this different one, check out her blog entry here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I've got to find that tracing wheel. It makes such a nice added touch. Have a great week. Robin Barwacz

linda said...

this is so cute and i love the style!
linda

Creative M said...

This is adorable!and so perfect for me!Love sweets!Love Cupcakes!!During the holidays is where I do most of my baking...LOL
Super Duper Cute!
Enjoy your day,
Migdalia

Sue D said...

Very cute--I like the striped paper, the sentiment banner and the glitter.

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet comments, ladies. I always love reading them! :-)