Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Anna Wight: Holiday Tags

When I asked Anna Wight if there is one area she is trying to do even better, she said, "I am always trying to improve my coloring. I tend to keep a slightly loose hand when it comes to coloring, and like to mimic a watercolor 'look' even when using different coloring mediums. I like to incorporate fresh colors without getting too bright or primary."

Anna also remarked that her current favorite stamping technique is "coloring a stamped line-art image. And, as we move into the holiday season, I will be working more and more on gift tags and goodie jars. I do love the holiday season, and all the crafty goodness that goes along with it!"

So, imagine what happened when Anna got a hold of 11003MC Santa & Pals Clear Set:
 

Plus 11053MC Ornament Birdy HoneyPOP Clear Set:


And also our new 11135MC Heavenly Friends Clear Set (all drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


Once they were in Anna's hands along with her ShinHan Touch Twin markers, what was the magical result? Why, a fabulous set of holiday gift tags, of course!


Anna stamped her images onto die-cut cream cardstock circles, colored them, and added glitter for sparkle.

Then she layered them to black scalloped circles and adhered to her tags (which were covered with designer paper from October Afternoon), added a threaded button to each corner and a white jingle bell to the tops, and put seam binding and bakers twine through the tag holes:


Anna also said, "I’ve learned to find my own style, and be happy with my own projects. It’s OK to admire another person’s style and learn by their techniques, but it’s so much more rewarding to be pleased with our own personal creations. Be yourself!"

Of course, it's easy to admire these adorable tags:


And when you look at them close up, I'll bet you could easily think of a few changes to "make it your own," as Anna suggested:


"Stamping has brought me great joy," shared Anna, "but most of all introduced me to new opportunities and introduced me to amazing people! I’ve met many dear friends through stamping, and that alone makes the hobby just that much more enjoyable. Cheers to getting Inky!!"

We're so thankful that she has "gotten Inky" with us as October's Guest Designer. Won't you please join me and say thanks for Anna's great ideas and inspiration by leaving a comment at the end of this post?

And because we appreciate YOUR participation, Inky friends, your comment will enter you in a little BLOG CANDY giveaway. On Thursday, November 1st, I'll randomly choose the winner for 11135MC Heavenly Friends Clear Set, which is one of the sets that Anna used on her tags above. I'll post that person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

12 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Lovely tags! I've loved seeing all of Anna's work.

Suzanne :O ) said...

beautiful tags, I love the water color look of her coloring! I also love the jingle bell- it's the perfect touch! thanks for the chance to win, that stamp set is adorable! :D

linda said...

gorgeous tags! the adorable images are perfect for colouring and they are beautifully coloured. thank you for sharing your tips anna.
linda

Denise Bryant said...

I love admiring Anna's work! Her coloring is amazing! Darling tags!
DeniseB
deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

Diana N. said...

Anna, You do a fantastic job with your coloring. I've enjoyed looking at your work each week in October. Wonderful tags!

Patricia said...

Cute tags and such an easy project to make! I love all the stamps!

Anonymous said...

Have always loved Anna's coloring skills and these tags are adorable. They got me in the mood to get Inky and make some tags myself. Thanks, Anna for sharing your craft with all of us. Robin Barwacz

Sue D said...

Thanks so much Anna for all your ideas this month. These tags are adorable. I like the addition of the button the jingle bell.

Creative M said...

The tags are so Adorable!!Love Christmas!!!

Theresa said...

The DETAILS!!! These tags are wonderful!! It's the details that Anna adds that make the difference! fantastic!

Mary-Anne V said...

Love how these tags are so colorful...the images are so nicely coloured too.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love her coloring. The one with all three is just the cutest but then there is the birdie with the cute hat. Love them all really!

Chris R. from Iowa
ckrobinson01@hotmail.com