Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Anna Wight: Mixing Chef

For a long time now, I've admired the work of talented designer and illustrator Anna Wight, who is the Sassy & Sweet lady from central Texas (although her heart still lives in the Pacific Northwest):


Today is Anna's birthday (happy 29th again, lovely lady *wink*), but here at Inky, WE have gotten a huge present! I'm so honored to introduce her as our Guest Designer for October.

Anna lives on a farm with her fiancé, Alan, and a menagerie of critters, including Irish Dexter cattle, chickens, a few spotted donkeys, a couple of goats, and a fine assortment of dogs and cats.

With all those chores to do, how did she learn to stamp? "In 2005, I had to have surgery that required 6 weeks of recovery time," Anna explains. "I started stamping to pass the time. I absolutely LOVED it, and 7+ years later still find great joy in the craft."

We're sure glad she feels that way, and today we're going to "mix up some fun" with Anna's first project. She chose 10961LC Prepping Chefs Clear Set to create with:


The specific image that she used is Mixing Chef (2232G in wood mount), which is prominently featured on the front of her beautiful card:


Anna colored it with ShinHan Touch Twin markers. You can see how she left lighter areas in the center of the mixing bowl and on the chef's face, and also added shadows around the girl for emphasis:


If you click on the above photo to enlarge it, you may be able to spot where Anna used her seamstress tracing wheel. "It's how I get the faux stitching lines on ALL of my projects. I don't feel like a project is complete without my signature stitching lines," she says.

She adhered the image panel to black and green layers (all cardstock by Neenah and designer paper by Crate Paper), and then attached it to the card using foam tape.

Finally, the card was wrapped with seam binding, and a threaded button was placed onto the bow:


Yep, she really added the "perfect mix" of elements, don't you think?

* * *

Would you like the chance to win your own 10961LC Prepping Chefs Clear Set? Please leave a comment at the end of this post helping me welcome Anna as this month's Inky Guest Designer, and you'll be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Wednesday, October 10th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Anna used above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won. Happy birthday once again to Anna, and good luck to you!

P.S. Be sure to jump over to Anna's blog and take a peek, too. She's posted a completely different project using the same girl chef stamp.

18 comments:

stamping sue said...

welcome and Happy Birthday Anna! what a wonderful job of coloring on your card.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

pam said...

Love Anna! Happy Birthday Anna...love her style!

True :) said...

Love your pretty card. The coloring of that darling image goes so well with your chose of designer papers. Charming!

Hugs,
True :D

Diana N. said...

Welcome as guest designer and Happy Birthday! Your chef stamps are darling.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Thanks for the fun birthday wishes, all! :) What a wonderful way to help celebrate my day, by being showcased here on the INKY blog! :)
-Anna.

Mary said...

Anna has cooked up a wonderful card! I've always loved her cards and I agree with her that Inky Antics images are always such fun to play with. I love their sense of humor. Will be looking forward to what else she comes up with. And happy birthday, Anna!

Mary said...

Anna has cooked up a wonderful card! I've always loved her cards and I agree with her that Inky Antics images are always such fun to play with. I love their sense of humor. Will be looking forward to what else she comes up with. And happy birthday, Anna!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Welcome Anna! This was a lovely set to start with! I'd love the chance to win it too

Sue D said...

Welcome Anna and Happy Birthday! Very cute card. I like your coloring and the tip of using the seamstress tracing wheel.

Penny said...

Happy Birthday!! Adorable card and stamp set. Thanks fo the chance to win!

Barb said...

What an adorable card. I really like the idea of using the seamstress tracing wheel. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Inky Antics my dear sweet birthday girl Anna! You rocked out this card. I have to try the tracing wheel trick, as dragging out and setting up my sewing machine is not for me! Hope you have fun with Inky and look forward to more great stuff from you this month! Robin Barwacz

Edythe said...

How nice to see Anna's designs with your stamps. Happy 29th, Anna.
Thanks for the chance to win.

Moosisk said...

I am a following of Anna so it was great to see where she is your guest designer. Her work is fabulous! I also happen to LOVE Inky Antics so this is a nice pair. :D

JackieN said...

Great to meet Anna, and looking forward to being inspired by her.

Carol Dee said...

I adore Anna, love her cards and treats. I visit her blog daily, which is what led me here!

Anonymous said...

I love Anna and her work. I too enjoy checking her blog daily. This is an adorable set and a great card by Anna, as always!
Carrie C

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone every day.

Follow our signals NOW & profit up to 270% daily.