Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Anna Wight: Pastry Chef

This month, Anna Wight has been whipping up all kinds of scrumptious-looking cards using stamps from our Chef's Choice collection!

Today's card features 10957LC Baking Chefs Clear Set (drawn by artist Ronnie Walter):


Feast your eyes on Anna's fun little 3" x 4" gift card:


With its glittery-frosted cupcakes and bold designer paper from Basic Grey, this sweet greeting would be delightful given alone...or with some yummy baked goods:


When I asked Anna to tell us her favorite stamping tools (besides stamps themselves, of course), she named several items.

We've already mentioned her tracing wheel. Here are the others on Anna's must-have list:

Good ink!
For watercoloring, I prefer to use StazOn ink. For coloring with markers, I prefer to use Memento ink.

Good paper!
Every project needs a good base, and paper is where it’s at. I also love the amazing variety of designer papers available to crafters.

Coloring tools!
Markers, watercolor pigments, ink, Twinkling H2O’s, colored pencils…. all of them have their place in my stash.

Buttons!
I adore my stash of vintage mother of pearl buttons, and use them on my projects as often as possible.

Paper cutter!
I’m a stickler for straight edges, so a good paper cutter is a must-have for me!

Scoring board!
Yup, I’m a stickler for nice score lines, too! They just make projects look so much nicer!

Die cut machine!
I use a Big Shot, and love the versatility and variety of dies I can use to create cards, tags, accents, and even special holiday ornaments. At first I didn’t think I needed a die cut machine…but ooooh, am I so glad I have it!

Self-healing craft mat!
I use a large 23x17 mat on my workspace. It makes cleanup a breeze, and the always present grid lines make lining up layers a snap.

Glitter!
My favorite glitters are ultrafine crystal, and Diamond Dust glass glitter (mostly for holiday ornaments).

Adhesive!
My favorite adhesive for adhering paper layers together is Tombow Mono Multi. I also LOVE to use Glue Dots on ribbons and tags, and foam dimensionals for adding dimension to projects. I love spray adhesive for when I want GOBS of glitter on projects, and a good white tacky craft glue is perfect for buttons on bows. I might be an adhesive junkie… *grin*

So, Inky friends, how many of these items are already in YOUR stash...and which ones do you still "need" to get?

P.S. Take a look at Anna's blog entry for today to see another adorable card using the Pastry Chef stamp (2233G in wood mounted).

6 comments:

stamping sue said...

Have all except really buttons not my type of embellishment but the rest I use all the time!
that little chef girl is so adorable.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

linda said...

like you said, these are all 'must have' items, so i have them all. i wish i would've had some of them sooner, like a good cutter and a more arthritis friendly die cutting machine like the big shot. such a sweet card; i love those check slacks!

Creative M said...

I haev all but I am a HUGEfan og Glue dots and Pop up dots!!!

Anonymous said...

Since I've been stamping for many, many years, I have most everything on Anna's list. The one thing I must get is the tracing wheel. And my favorite product is my Big Shot. Don't know how I ever stamped without it! Have a grwat week. Robin Barwacz

Sue D said...

Very cute card. We have the same list of must haves! I love buttons but don't use them much because of being too thick to mail so I use die cut buttons instead.

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Sounds like you're pretty well-stocked, ladies, which is wonderful! Thanks so much for taking time to share your comments, and I hope you have a terrific day. :-)