Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Stamping With Lydia Fiedler: Angel Helping Snowy

Lydia Fiedler recently told me, "All your Christmas stamps have such a sweet whimsy about them - I particularly love Angel & Snowy - there's something so completely innocent and joyful about those images."

This is 11134MC Angel & Snowy Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung), which is the set she was talking about:


When I asked Lydia to tell me about her favorite stamping tools, she named the following:

My Big Shot and dies - I always say I'd run out of the house with that if it was on fire.

Liquid glue - I've converted in the last year from a tape girl to a glue girl and, holy cow, are my cards better for it.

Newsprint paper - I'm a freak for text based paper backgrounds and pieced elements.

Glitter - what kind of place would this world be without it?

My Aquapainter - I absolutely LOVE watercolor and I love using reinkers to watercolor with.

And her current favorite stamping technique? "I think paper piecing," she replied. "I used to say I'd never fussy cut, but I've found it to be a very relaxing process with a fun, beautiful result."

Lydia combined this technique with almost all of the tools on her list to create this adorable card:


Check out this closeup view, where it's easier to see how the angel's dress and snowman's scarf were cut from First Edition designer paper from Stampin' Up!, and Lydia applied ultrafine glitter on her hair and their wings:

 
Very neat, huh? The image is also available in the wood mounted version as 0496J Angel Helping Snowy, and the sentiment is the second half if 0482E Ring The Bells.
 
Lydia stamped the latter on a notched strip of cardstock and accented it with a pretty crystal button topped with a pearl:
 


The light blue background is SU! Birds of a Feather designer paper, and the ribbon is SU! Very Vanilla Seam Binding.

All of these elements put together result in a delightful, unique card. Thanks to Lydia for sharing, and to you for visiting with us today!

1 comment:

Sue D said...

Very pretty card with adorable images. I like Lydia's paper piecing with text paper and the glitter.