Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Christmas Sleigh Set

One of the many things I love about our HoneyPOP Clear Sets is that they're specifically designed so you can use them to make both honeycomb-based cards in addition to standard greeting cards.

I know I've mentioned this feature before, but I think it bears repeating...and this week's card on the main Inky site is another wonderful example of what I mean.

Not only did Anna Wight make that adorable snowman card, but she's also created a bunch of inspiring non-card projects for today's post to further illustrate this point!

Anna used 11119LC Christmas Sleigh HoneyPOP Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


Just look at her set of charming gift tags:


Want to see close-up views of each? Why, certainly! (You can click on the photos for even larger versions.)

She started with Bazzill cardstock in Kraft that was cut with a PTI tag die, and stamped the snowflakes with Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs:


The solid brown paper is from Stampin' Up! in Chocolate, and Simple Stories designer paper is layered above:


Anna stamped the girl image onto Neenah white cardstock and colored with her ShinHan Touch Twin markers. Then she cut it out and popped it up with foam tape:


Her other touches were twine, buttons, and more Distress Ink applied along the edges...plus her "trademark" tracing wheel dots, of course!

I just know if I received a gift with one of these tags on it, the tag itself would be a big part of the present:


But Anna didn't stop there! Nope, she also decorated a jar candle with the same image, done up completely differently:


The girl image was colored and popped up the same as before, but this time onto a die-cut base made with Spellbinders Labels 16. Can you spot the ultrafine glitter on her hat pom pom and trim:


Super cute! I can't decide which style of tags I like better. How about YOU?

Thanks so much to Anna for sharing these fantastic projects, and to you for joining us today!

6 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

these are so lovely! I've been a fan of Anna's for a very long time.

Anonymous said...

Linda Rad said....Oh my gosh, these are so sweet! Love your coloring!!!! Thanks, Anna! :)

Tammy C. said...

Beautiful tags, Anna.

Sue D said...

These are adorable! I like the first style the most.

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Anna. Beautiful as usual. You never cease to amaze. Thanks for sharing. Robin Barwacz

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, ladies. I'm sure Anna appreciates it. :-)