Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Danielle Lounds: Soup Time

"I’m a picky eater," Danielle Lounds admits, "but I love pickles. I will even chop them up and add them to chili. Nom nom nom. And before you saw eww…have you ever had a chili dog with relish? So very good!"

Hmm, I have to admit that I'm intrigued by Danielle's suggestion. I'm not a huge chili fan myself, but I do like many types of soups. And lately my husband, Steve, has been eating soup almost every day for lunch.

I wonder what he'd say if I threw a few minced dills into his bowl of chicken noodle soup?

I'm not sure that either Danielle or Steve would love the results of that! But one thing I do love is our new 11146MC Soup Time Clear Set (drawn by artist Nancy Baier):


I also love this 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" card that Danielle created, featuring the Soup Bowl image (0535F in wood mounted) and Bowl of Wishes saying (0530E in wood mounted):


Here's a closer look at some of her fantastic details, including the notched ribbon, light turquoise pearls, and triple-wrapped jute twine:


And if one is good, more is better! Danielle made not just one but three awesome cards using the same stamp set:


They all coordinate beautifully together, with a zesty palette (or should I say "palate"?) of apple green, light turquoise, and sunny orange.

Here's the green version:


Danielle added dots of Liquid Pearls along the edges of the main image panel, and I think they make a brilliant impact:


The orange version in this group is just as delightful as the others:


I know that, if I received these, it would sure make me feel better...at least emotionally, if not physically. :-) Here's wishing you a healthy winter season!

* * *

Paper: Marshmallow (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Kraft (PaperTrey Ink), Fly a Kite (October Afternoon)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Accessories: Washi Tape (MT), Platinum Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Wonky Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Pearls (Queen & Co.), Natural Jute and Brown Grosgrain (May Arts), Foam Dimensional Tape, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

Many thanks to Danielle for sharing this "souper" batch of cute cards with us!

4 comments:

Sue D said...

These are a "souper" set of cards. I like all the colors and the use of liquid pearls.

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fab set of cards! Nancy has really come up with some amazing sets for this release! :)

Nancy said...

These are beautiful cards!! I rarely case a design but I think I'll have to break that pattern this time ~ although I probably will mess up the Liquid Pearls,lol ;). Love these, Danielle!

Anonymous said...

Really cute. Carrie