Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Funnies: Cake Mistakes

Last Friday, I wrote about my fun day of baking with Peg and Jessica. As I'd posted, we did yeast breads and rolls that afternoon.

Maybe next time, we'll turn our attention to fancy cakes. Unlike Inky artist and DT member Trudy Sjolander, I haven't had much practice with decorating. (Check out her blog posts here, here, and here, for example. Her creations are amazing!

There is no way I'd come close to making those gorgeous items. On the other hand, I'm quite sure it wouldn't be anywhere near this bad, either:


Not that they necessarily taste yucky, but "fancy" they are not...especially when decorated so, um, literally.

I guess the folks who ordered this cake were specific about what they wanted over the top, and the baker took them word for word:


And if you ask for birthday and good luck wishes on it, that is exactly what you might get:


Here's what happens when you have someone who follows directions very closely and is also a bad speller:


Apparently, telling them to contact you if they need help doesn't always make a difference, either:


Regardless of their accuracy (or lack of it), there is no question in my mind that these are dang funny! If you want to see more, these examples were taken from the Cake Wrecks blog (with the "green weeding" one from here).

Hope your day is decorated with joy, Inky friends!

3 comments:

Linda R. said...

Oh WOW! I would have never imagined....but, then again, after the week I've had....maybe I would!!
Funny!

Sue D said...

I would hate to be a cake decorator--so many ways to goof.

bridget22868 said...

wow! thats just too funny! I cannot believe that these people decorated those cakes that way! REALLY??? WHY would thay want it to say those things. COME ON PEOPLE GET WITH IT! LOL