Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Sue Kment: Consider Yourself Hugged

If you just had to get 10948LC Puppy & Kitty Love Clear Set (drawn by artist Janie Miller) last week after seeing Sue Kment's charming cards, you'll enjoy seeing another project she made using these stamps:


Check out this adorable box that Sue created:


In my opinion, it's a perfect example of "clean and simple" stamping at its best. Projects don't necessarily have to be complicated in order to look incredible!

Start with good coloring and blending techniques, like Sue did here:


Include a few layers and a bit of twine:


And pop things up with foam dots to add dimension:



Finish off your box with some cut-out grass to "ground" the image, and you're done!

This would be great for Valentine's Day, of course, but it works equally as well for everyday occasions. Who can't use a nice hug...the stamping way!

Sue's favorite snack is pretzels, which would fit neatly into this packaging. I can think of many other items that I'd love to put in there, too. What might YOU add?

* * *

Pieces Cut Using Silhouette: Box, Hearts & Grass

Miscellaneous: Twine & Pop Dots

Copic Markers: E40, 41, 43, 44 & R46 (Puppy); YR 20, 21, 24, 27 (Kitty)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda Rad said....This is so cute, I would add some crayons and a fun size pack of m & m's and give it to my favorite stamping buddy, my grandchild!!! :)

Carrie Roth said...

Super cute. That's great for my dog loving friends filled with bisquits. 'gonna try one.

Sue D said...

I think chocolate is always appropriate!

Charla Fraley said...

Love this set!

bridget22868 said...

I love what shes done with this bag! I cant get enough of this stamp set! AWESOME JOB! Thanks for sharing.