Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Sue Kment: Millie Mousie

When I asked Sue Kment where she finds inspiration for her stamping projects, she replied, "Oh, the internet is wonderful for inspiration! I also love pretty and colorful designer papers."

I'm hoping that today YOU will be inspired, Inky readers, when you see the fantastic items that Sue created using 10951MC Millie Mousie Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


Here's an adorable cookie card that Sue "baked up" just for you:


She stamped a bunch of chocolate chip goodness in Millie's arms, and added pretty paper piecing details to her outfit:


Of course, the cookie shape of the Silhouette-cut card itself makes this even more unique and fun:


As you know, one of the terrific features of this clear set is how you can mix and match Millie's accessories for extra versatility.

Just give her a giant bandage and nurse's cap, and she will happily decorate this charming doctor bag (cut from the Silhouette Round Top Heart Box file by Samantha Walker):


Sue colored the mouse with Copic Markers R20, C1, 2, 3 & 4 and E00 & 11 and the bandage with E93, 95 & 97. Millie's dress was paper pieced using Bo Bunny Crush Collection designer paper:


The top of the box slides off, so you can access the goodies inside:


In this case, it's Barbie-themed bandages, lip gloss, tissue, stickers, and some cute little hair bobbles:


Sue has a very sick little friend who is staying at a children's hospital in the big city, and this box was made to cheer her up.

I'll bet kids and grown-ups alike would be thrilled to receive something like this, don't you think? For someone who isn't feeling well, it would be "just what the doctor ordered"!

* * *

For new stampers (and even seasoned ones), Sue suggests browsing sites like Splitcoaststampers and visiting stamping blogs. "Don’t be afraid to ask those bloggers how they made something," she encourages. "I was a good one for always asking questions--stampers out there love to share info! Join challenges--you learn so much from them."

But, most importantly, she says, "Stamp what makes you happy!"

We definitely agree with Sue's advice, and I'm so grateful for having her as our Inky Guest Designer in February! Will you please help me thank Sue for sharing her beautiful projects with us by leavng a comment at the end of this post?

Your comment will also enter you in a BLOG CANDY giveaway. On Wednesday, February 27th, I'll randomly choose the winner for 10951MC Millie Mousie Clear Set. I'll post that person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

28 comments:

Carrie Roth said...

This is my inspiration. What a great dose today. Thanks.

Sue D said...

Wonderful projects. Loved the shaped cookie card and the cute doctor bag! This stamp set is perfect for making a gift/card extra special.

Tammy C. said...

I already have this set & love it & use it ALL the time! No need to win it, but I just wanted to tell Sue how much I like her projects! Great job!

Denise Bryant said...

Darling card and doctor's bag! Love the cookie card, and the recipient will be cheered up getting the doctor's bag and fun goodies! Thanks for sharing Sue's creations with us!
DeniseB

Deloris said...

What a cute get well gift bag and card! I have really enjoyed all the projects Sue made this month!

Kathleen said...

I just happened to see this adorable item on SCS and followed over to Sue's blog and then over to here. These stamps are so CUTE! Sue, you did a fantastic job of show casing them!

Diana N. said...

Sue shared some incredible projects this month. The "get well" kit is perfect for a youngster.

Mary-Anne V said...

such cute projects...love the image of the mouse. The hospital kit is so thoughtful and cute.

Karen said...

Oh what beautiful cards! I'm a long time fan of IA stamps from England. I just love how they all stamp so well, even with my problem hands, and how cute they are! Thanks for sharing. Karen x

Elena said...

Sue is so talented! And I like what she is doing with Inky Antics stamps! Her projects are so inspiring!

Charla said...

love this set, hope I win a copy of it! Sue's doctor bag is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi this is the first time I've ever visited this blog and had never heard of the company, but after seeing how amazing these stamps are, I'll be coming again, and be no doubt using my monthly crafting allowance on Inky Antics products! Thank you very much for the chance of winning these fabulous stamps, I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed! Love Karen brass xx

Mary Roberson said...

I think the idea of Millie being so versatile is super fun! I especially liked what Sue did for her little friend in the hospital. And to think the contents were $ store finds~awesome! SCS has been a site I go to regularly for instructions and inspiration. Thanks to Inky Antics for the opportunity to win these cute stamps.

Anonymous said...

Wοw that ωas odԁ. I just wrοte аn very long comment but aftеr I
cliсked submit my comment diԁn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not wгiting all that over again.
Regarԁless, just wanted to say eхcеllent blog!



Μу web рage :: roll off dumpsters
My page - rental trash dumpsters

Anonymous said...

Hi thіs іѕ κinda of оff topіc but I was ωаnting to know if blоgs use WҮSIWYG еditoгѕ or if уou hаvе to mаnually cοde with
HTΜL. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to visit my web page ... order dumpster

Anonymous said...

Good day! This ρost could not be written any bettег!
Reaԁing thiѕ post reminds me οf my old room mate!
Hе alwaуs kept chatting about this. I ωill forward
this post to him. Fairly certaіn he will hаve а good rеad.
Μany thanks for sharing!

Ηerе is my hоmepage - connecticut dumpster rental

Anonymous said...

{
{I have|ӏ've} been {surfing|browsing} online more than {three|3|2|4} hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. {It's|It is} ρrettу worth enough
for me. {In my оpinion|Personаlly|In my vіew},
if all {webmasters|ѕite oωners|wеbsi

Herе is my webpаge - dumpster rental connecticut

Cheryl First said...

Both combinations for the Millie Mouse images are so cute, Sue! I'm a huge fan of your work, and loved seeing your creations with the Inky Antics stamps this month!

Leslie Miller said...

Sue is an awesome designer. These projects are absolutely amazing. Millie is so darn cute!

Susan (rainy) said...

Sue is so talented. LOVE what she has done with this so so darling set.

Tammy Reagan said...

I love this set. Sue's designs were fantastic. Thanks for the chance to win this.

Margaret said...

This set is adorable! I love the cute doctor bag filled with goodies. The cookie card is great a well. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pam Carter said...

I love reading Inky Antics blog. You have wonderful guest designers. I love House Mouse stamps. This stamp set is adorable. Anyone feeling bad would love to receive a card using the stamps. Thanks for the chance to won.

Cathy -Mercieschild said...

Sue this is so cute. It will go perfect with our house mouse stamps on our house mouse list, don't you think? it is so adorable. Thank you for sharing and the idea. Hugs, Cathy K

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is so wonderful - I love it! It makes me smile! Wishing you a happy day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Jody Densford said...

Hi! I am new at creating with paper. I am stuck at home with a cast for at least one more month. :( I found your adorable bunnies from last year with the two front teeth! ADORABLE! Do you ever share your dimensions with your fans?
Thanks, Jody

Dianne said...

All of the projects are very cute. Sue always inspires.

Dianne said...

The projects are all so adorable. Sue always inspires.