Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Sue Kment: Puppy Love

Sue Kment bought her first stamp about 25 years ago to use on her Christmas card envelopes. She started stamping seriously in 2001, when she attended a stamping event and fell in love with it!

Sue has two daughters who are school teachers and one son who is a web designer. She lives in Oregon and is a Human Resource Manager at a cherry processing plant (how interesting is that!):


She describes her style as clean, simple, cute, fun, and colorful. "When I first started stamping," Sue recalls, "I chose flowers and earth tone colors. As I started blogging five years ago, I learned many new stamping skills by joining challenges in blog land! I was also introduced to cute stamps! I love cute images, they make me smile."

Perhaps you will agree with Sue that the cute images in 10948LC Puppy & Kitty Love Clear Set (drawn by artist Janie Miller) are good for many smiles:


They're especially hard to resist when you see the adorable card Sue made using Puppy's Love Letter (0209H in wood mounted):


Sue claims that she is not much of a technique person. "Give me a fun image, pretty paper and my copics, and I am good."

Oh, how very good she is, indeed! If you click on this photo, you'll see a close-up view of her beautiful coloring and shading, along with the fun pink, red, and brown color palette she chose:


Sue finished by adding a layered sentiment circle over the knotted ribbon using foam tape, to give it a bit of dimension:


What a charming card to give for Valentine's Day...or any day, really.

But, wait, we've got a BONUS project today! Sue used the same stamp set to make a completely different card:


The red-and-black combination is bold and striking, yet sweet and whimsical at the same time. I love how she added the mini pearl accents to the heart square:


First Card
Papers: Stampin' Up! Real Red & Chocolate Chip Cardstock, Bo Bunny Crazy Love Designer Paper

Miscellaneous: Stampin' Up! Pink Satin Ribbon, Self-Adhesive Pearls, Circle Punches, Nestabilities Circle Dies

Copic Markers: E30, 31, 33, 34, 37; R12, 20, 22, 24, 27

Second Card
Papers: Black & Red Cardstock

Miscellaneous: Silhouette Heart Square, Self-Adhesive Pearls, Pop Dots

Copic Markers: W1, 3, 5 (Puppy); YR21, 24, 27 (Kitty)

* * *

Would you like the chance to win your own 10948LC Puppy & Kitty Love Clear Set? Please leave a comment at the end of this post helping me welcome Sue Kment as this month's Inky Guest Designer, and you'll be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Wednesday, February 6th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Sue used above and post that person's name...so please check back later this week to see if you've won!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda Rad said...Welcome Sue! Love the Puppy Love stamp set and your wonderful examples. Love the way you color, and your color choices for your cards. Thank you for sharing them! :)

Carrie Roth said...

Great coloring. Love the stamp set too. Can't wait to see more.

cah said...

Congrats to Sue for being this month's Inky Guest Designer. I can feel the love she puts into her cards.

Jovita said...

Yippee Sue, I've been a huge fan of yours, congrats my friend. Oh my.. both cards ate absolutely adorable.

Mary-Anne V said...

Welcome Sue...your cards are so very pretty. I love the clean lines.

DawnBeery said...

Beautiful cards Sue! LOVE the black & red one!

Diana N. said...

Marvelous cards. Sue is terrific at coloring and at choosing patterened papers, borders and frames!

Sue D said...

Welcome Sue--great coloring on both of your cards.

Lorie said...

I love this set and Sue...she is a delightful artist! The 'SWAK' sentiment is something that my husband always wrote on the envelope of the letters he sent me from Iraq. So cute!

Charla Fraley said...

You are the bestie Sue! Great job as always. I love this set!

JeanAnn said...

What great cards. So humble of a person too. I just love the puppy & kitties. wish there were more

Elena said...

I am so happy to see Sue in your team! She is a fun blogger and stamper! I love her coloring and her creative skills!
So excited to see what she will show us this month!

Kitty A. said...

I love Sue's coloring. Her shading and blending are perfection. You go, girl!

RustyBird said...

SO cute! I love 'em.

Deloris said...

Congrats Sue! Love both cards. They are absolutely adorable.

Karen said...

Fantastic colouring skills you have there. I just looove Inky Antics but am finding it hard to get them in the UK. Fingers crossed for the draw!

Anonymous said...

Love this set! And sue you are a rockstar! Love that card and your flooring is awesome! Hugs!

Karen adams

Anonymous said...

So is your coloring!:)

Bonnie Weiss said...

Not hard to see why Sue was asked to be a guest designer .. she sure brings stamps to life with her creativity.

Bev Gerard * TexasGrammy said...

Oh Sue! Welcome as the guest designer for Inky Antics! Your puppy cards are just adorable. Looks like you're well on your way to having lots more Inky fun this month!

Blogger said...

By using RentalCars you can find affordable car rentals at over 49,000 locations globally.

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Get professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone daily.

Follow our signals NOW and profit up to 270% per day.