Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Lori Craig: Mod Flowers, Part 2

"I knew when Jackie asked me what types of sets I would enjoy working with and I was window shopping," says Lori Craig, "this stamp set called to me."

She's referring to 10985MC Mod Flowers Clear Set (drawn by artist Stacy West):


"So many fun little elements backed into the set along with some striking, bold blooms," explains Lori. "I have loved working with this one!

"This card was quick and easy to put together, and if you stamp the entire sheet of white card stock before trimming it down, you can make an entire set of cards in a short amount of time."

She chose pretty, soothing color palette of aqua, teal, and brown to create her background:


Then she matted her layers and added the sentiment on a notched banner popped up with foam tape:


"Several years ago, when I was approaching 40," shares Lori, I kept thinking about my daughters, how much I love them and how much I wanted to enjoy my time with them while they are young.

So I decided to try to make some lifestyle changes. I started watching what I ate, exercising, walking and then moving at a pace a little faster than a walk . I used the Couch-to-5K app on my phone and surrounded myself with encouraging girlfriends.

When I turned 40, I ran the St. Louis Rock ‘n Roll half-marathon. Me. A runner! I still run a slow 4-5 miles per day, 3 days per week. That’s always a little weird to share with strangers, but if one woman takes that story, makes some subtle changes (that do or don’t include running) and says, 'I want to be healthier for myself and my family,' then it’s worth the embarrassment.
You can do almost anything that you set your mind to doing."

Here are the results of  Lori's quick and easy card, so that she still has time to run:


What would YOU do with your extra time after making this card, Inky friends?

* * *

Cardstock: Sno Cone - My Favorite Things, XPress It Blending Card - Copic Marker, Striped Pattern - Simple Stories

Ink: Kraft & Sno Cone - My Favorite Things, Marina Mist - Stampin' Up!

Accessories: Card Creator Matting Basics A & B - Spellbinders Paper Arts, Fishtail Banner Stax Die-namics - My Favorite Things, Pearl - Want 2 Scrap

2 comments:

Sue D said...

Love this color combo. In my extra time I like to play with my grandchildren.

Sue from Oregon said...

What a lovely combo of colors! If I had spare time I would probably stamp more-or maybe force myself to do some laundry LOL!