Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Standing Chicken

A while back, our friend Tammy Cappolina sent me this adorable card featuring 3302F Standing Chicken (drawn by artist Janie Miller):


The bold red, yellow, and brown color scheme works perfectly on this card, don't you think?

She stamped 3300A Chicken Track repeatedly to create a background strip behind the saying, 3500D From One Chick, and added even more texture with the diamond pattern dry embossing on the base panel.

I like how she drew the dashed lines and added yellow along the edges of her image piece:
 

This reminded me of a charming card that Inky designer Tex Gerard had made years ago, which I retrieved from my sample basket:


Tex also defined the image piece nicely, but a bit differently. She tipped the corner-rounded edges in butterscotch ink, layered it onto a brown panel, and then matted again onto a distressed-edges piece of kraft cardstock:


The saying inside mimics the front of the card beautifully:


And below are a couple more "oldies but goodies" from Keri Lee Sereika. The warm neon colors on this one are so much fun:


Keri used the versatile 10932MC Marvelous Match-Ups Clear Set for some of her supporting images:


You can mix and match the elements to get a variety of looks, and I think the tri-cut panels are such a neat element here:


Hope YOU have a wonderful day, Inky chicks!

2 comments:

Sue D said...

We raise chickens so I love all of these!

Tammy C. said...

This stamp is a must for all of you "Inky Chicks" out there. Thanks for sharing my card on the blog, Jackie!