Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Funnies: Neverending Winter

A fellow named Jack recently wrote on the Buckeyes Blog, "Today I woke up, showered, got dressed, and stepped outside, taking in a deep breath of fresh spring air.

"And by 'spring,' of course, I mean mid-30′s temperature and a solid layer of snow over everything. Yes, it is springtime in Ohio but it sure doesn’t feel like it."

I felt the exact same way when I looked out my window yesterday morning and saw this:


That's right, snow in mid-April. How ridiculous is that! And apparently Punxsutawney Phil isn't one bit apologetic:


For those of you who live in the Midwest and Northeast Regions, let's take a vote on how you feel about the weather lately:


'All right, I'll stop whining now and crack a few jokes instead:

What did the big furry hat say to the warm woolen scarf?
"You hang around while I go on ahead."

What do chefs in Alaska call "Baked Alaska"?
"Baked Here"

What do women in the Arctic use to stay young looking?
Cold cream!

* * *

I just got off the phone with a friend in Minnesota. She said that since early this morning, the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping below zero, and the north wind is increasing.

Her husband has done nothing but look through the kitchen window all day. She says that if it gets much worse, she may have to let him in.
 

Wishing you a warm weekend, Inky friends!

4 comments:

Linda R. said...

Thanks for the smiles.....wishing everyone warmer, and sunnier weather!

Sue D said...

Very funny--love the one with the husband looking through the kitchen window.

Chelsea said...

very funny ... my hand is up ... I'm tired of snow!!!

Blogger said...

If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you need to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?