Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Chelsea Comer: HoneyPOP Pear

For most stampers, our educational background is unrelated to our papercrafting projects. However, Chelsea Comer graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelors of Science in Packaging Engineering.

"This degree actually helps with my hobby too," she explains, "as we learned a lot about the characteristics of paper and printing. It also has come in handy when designing some 3D art projects."

Ap-pear-ently, this is quite true, as you'll see in today's post! ;-)

For her last creation as Inky's Guest Designer in April, Chelsea used 11152MC Perfect Pear HoneyPOP Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


Instead of using the stamps to make a card, Chelsea put together this adorable surprise:


She stamped the pear pattern four times onto HCP-LMGRN Lime Green Honeycomb Paper Pad, cut out the pieces, and stacked two of them for each pear.

The double-thick honeycomb pear was stretched around 360 degrees, with the visible sides adhered together to create dimensional fruit.

Just prior to closing up the pears, Chelsea inserted small brown strips to hold them next to each other:


She also stamped the stems and leaves to place at the top (Glossy Accents works great for this):


The final touch was adding a tag with saying, all tied neatly together with bakers twine:


The results are just adorable:


A couple of years ago, Chelsea experimented with the same concept to make a Christmas HoneyPOP project that turned out awesome.

I love her approach to stamping: "Just have fun...if there is a boo-boo or mistake, don’t worry. It’s just paper...you can always embellish over the boo-boo or start over, no worries!"

It's truly been a delight sharing Chelsea's ideas with our Inky readers. Will you please help me thank her for joining us this month by leavng a comment at the end of this post?

Your comment will also enter you in a BLOG CANDY giveaway. On Wednesday, May 1st, I'll randomly choose the winner for 11152MC Perfect Pear HoneyPOP Clear Set plus a Lime Green Honeycomb Paper Pad. I'll post that person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

13 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

such a cute project! this is a fun set! :)

Sue D said...

Adorable! Thank you Chelsea for sharing your talent with us this month.

cah said...

This is an adorable set, and I love the 3-D pears.

cah said...

This is an adorable set, and I love the 3-D pears.

Sue from Oregon said...

This 3D project is so much-way to go Chelsea!

Chelsea said...

Thanks Jackie for featuring me this month. I have had such a WONDERFUL time and as you know I love love love Inky Antics stamps. I have been playing with HoneyPop since it was first introduced and I LOVE it too! Thanks to everyone for their wonderful comments as well over the month ... it really means a lot to me. I love crafting and sharing my projects with everyone.

K Hutchinson said...

What a sweet project! I have loved each and everyone of your projects over this month. You are soooo talented! I have to play with this honey POP, it looks like so much fun!

Kimmy said...

Chelsea introduced me to Honey POP. Super cute project and another fabulous stamp set :)

Kimmy said...

Chelsea introduced me to Honey POP. Super cute project and another fabulous stamp set :)

Diana N. said...

The pair of pears is a great 3-D project! I've enjoyed each of your creations this month.

Bridget said...

Super cute project! Thanks Chelsea!

Laura said...

What a cute project. Always live seeing your creative works of art.

Mary-Anne V said...

What a cute pear project...the sentiments in this set are so cute.