Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Dina Kowal: Sewing Mousie

My mother is short. Her drivers license puts her at 5'2", but I'm pretty sure that is an exaggeration. She may very well be shrinking slightly every time I see her. I call her my Mini Mommy.

However, Mom is tall compared to Dina Kowal, who is only 5'1/4".

"For some reason, that was something that really surprised my online stamping buddies when we met in person last year," Dina reveals. "Apparently I seem taller online!"

Ha, funny! So this week we've got a little mousie to match our height-challenged friend, in 11153MC Sewing Mousie HoneyPOP Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


Dina may be short in stature, but she is mighty tall on talent! Take a look at her oh-so-adorable creation:


You can use this set to make a HoneyPOP card, of course. But I love how Dina did a standard-style version.

She placed the thimble mousie image in front of a die-cut sewing basket (Impression Obsession) filled with spools of thread:


The die-cut octagon panel (Lifestyle Crafts), button (Impression Obsession), and fishtail tag (My Favorite Things) enhance the quilting/sewing theme:


And, of course, Dina's coloring and shading are impeccable:



Thanks to Dina for sharing her card, which turned out "sew" cute!

11 comments:

Lisa T said...

This is adorable!

Chelsea said...

Love all of the details in this.

marilynwillauer said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the sewing theme, right up my alley!

True :) said...

Absolutly beautiful my friend! :)

Hugs,
True :D

Giovana Smith said...

Pretty!!! Dina is fantastic!

Emerald Perez said...

This a wonderful cute card! Live all the detail!

Emerald Perez said...

This a wonderful cute card! Live all the detail!

Ava Gavloski said...

sweet sweet sweet

Jean Bullock said...

Love this sweet card.

Sue D said...

Very cute card. I am 5'7" but my mom is --as she calls it--"5 foot nothing"

Mary Ann said...

So very cute,love the stamp,coloring is great!!!