Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Vicki Garrett: Marvelous Match-Ups

Last Friday's post showed how sometimes the simple things in life are the best. Today's card from Vicki Garrett illustrates this concept in action...stamping style!

"I am a person that enjoys variety in all aspects of my life, so I’m not surprised that my style fluctuates with my mood," she says. "I’m not a creature of habit or routine, which seems to be apparent in my artwork."

Vicki started with images from 10932MC Marvelous Match-Ups:


"I am a very visual person, so I think a lot of [inspiration for my projects] is stored in my head," she explains. "Because I’m a busy chick, I don’t have a lot of time to spend online, however I see colour combinations in nature and in my daily travels."

I'm not sure how Vicki decided to combine yellow, magenta, orange, light green, and violet blue...but it's a delightful and surprising mix of bold colors that work great together! She randomly scattered them across the panel using the flower petal, plaid center, leafy stem, and polka dot elements:


The saying is from 11153MC Sewing Mousie Clear Set, which Vicki featured earlier this month. She embellished it with a corduroy button threaded with hemp twine, which adds a whimsical touch along with a bit of texture:


Then she double matted the panel and placed it onto her card front:


Super simple yet totally awesome! You'll be able to whip up a bunch of these quickly, and then get back outside to enjoy the summer weather.

Ink: Grape, Guava, Tangerine, Banana, Licorice - Stephanie Barnard by Colorbox, Jalapeno - Clearsnap Colorbox

Paper: Various Cardstock - SU

Accessories: Hemp Twine, Word Window Punch - SU, Corduroy Button

3 comments:

Sue D said...

Very fun and interesting color combination. I like the corduroy button.

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you need to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Text Your Ex Back?

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

Start following our signals NOW and gain up to 270% daily.