Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Vicki Garrett: Snowman Soup

Are you a fan of snowmen stamps? If so, you can join the Frosty Club along with Vicki Garrett.

"I LOVE the snowman soup set [from Inky Antics]!" she proclaims. "My mom and I have been making snowman soup for years, and I love that I can stamp the sentiment where I want it! The sweet little snowman in the bowl is to DIE for!!!"

She's talking, of course, about 10936MC Snowman Soup Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


Vicki's favorite technique is coloring, which is what she did below with her TouchTwin Markers and that "little snowman in the bowl" (also known as 5060F Soupy Snow in wood mounted):


After stamping and coloring the image, she sponged the background and edges, and then heat embossed snowballs with white powder.

Finally, Vicki attached it to a brown paper bag and topped everything off with cinnamon sticks tied into a bow:


Did you notice the monochromatic stamped background on the bag:


Yep, as I always say, it's the little things that make a big difference. What an adorable finished project:


Ink: Versamark, Crumb Cake - SU, Truffle - Donna Salazar Mixed Media Ink, Black - Memento, Spun Sugar & Tumbled Glass - Tim Holtz Distress

Paper: Shipping Tag - Staples, Brown Lunch Sack

Accessories: White Embossing Powder & Seam Binding Ribbon - SU, Cinnamon Sticks, Sponges

* * *

"The most important thing I’ve learned is to be the judge of my own work. If I enjoy what I am doing and I like what I create, that is all that matters," shares Vicki.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and you are your own best beholder. Enjoy the process and don’t waste time determining whether your creation is as pretty as someone else’s. If you like it, that is what counts. Enjoying the benefit of the gift of a smile from the receiver of your card , layout or hand stamped creation is worth more than anything else."

Well said, Vicki! Won't you please help me thank her for joining us this month and sharing her wonderful talent with us, by leaving a comment at the end of this post?

Your comment will also enter you in a BLOG CANDY giveaway. On Wednesday, July 3rd, I'll randomly choose the winner for 10936MC Snowman Soup Clear Set. I'll post that person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

13 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just as cute as can be! love the colors Vicki used on this adorable little fella and the tag. :)

Denise Bryant said...

Vicki, thanks for sharing your creations with us! Love your Snowman Soup project... so cute! Love your great coloring!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! this is just as cute as it can be! Great gift packaging!

DeNel Brister said...

So very cute Vicki! I love snowmen...thanks for sharing!!

Sue D said...

Great coloring and I like the stamping on the bag and the addition of cinnamon sticks.
Thanks Vicki for sharing your talent with us and for the advice on enjoying our creations.

Vicki Garrett said...

A big thanks to Jacqui for having me as Guest Designer this month and for all your sweet comments!!!!


Vicki

Darlene said...

Great job Vicki, I love the stamp set and your colour choices.

Laura Reyes said...

Adorable as always, they need one for reindeer food too so I can order this for daycare, the kids will love the snowman soup!

Lori Aragon said...

Oh I adore Snowmen! Great gift bag Vicki... just soooo CUTE!!!

Evette K. said...

Snowpeople are my life! Love your project!!

Jane Wetzel said...

absolutely adorable esp the way she has colored it!

Mary-Anne V said...

Such a cute snowman. Great projects.

Tammy C said...

These are super cute! I need to get me some of those markers!