Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Funnies: Chicken Cartoons

A few days ago, I bought a rotisserie chicken at the store and stuck it into the fridge. Since then, I've been scouring the web for ideas on how to use it.


I've discovered a few dishes that look okay. Along the way, I've also learned that tomorrow is National Fried Chicken Day.


I wonder how chickens feel about that?

The most common mature chickens sold in stores are called fryers, which are usually between 2 1/2 and 4 pounds.


All of the recipes I've seen call for bone-in pieces because it makes the chicken more flavorful. Besides, how else would you hold the drumstick?


Although I wouldn't say you can find a chicken on every corner, they are still easily located at the grocery store.


Maybe that's why they are always trying to cross the road...to get away!


Hope you're having a great holiday weekend (or one that will be starting soon, if you're working today), Inky chicks!

5 comments:

Sue D said...

Very funny chicken cartoons--we raise our own chickens and my sister gave me a pin with a chicken on top of a spring so I like the spring chicken cartoon.

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Does that mean you get super fresh eggs, Sue? How cool! I'm such a "city girl," but I think it would be fun to have chickens. :-)

Sue D said...

Yes I do have super fresh eggs. I haven't bought eggs from a store since we started raising chickens in 1979!!

Linda R. said...

Eggsactly the smiles I needed!

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Too funny, Linda! I think I may need to submit a mail order to you, Sue. ;-)