Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Funnies: Exercise

I'm embarrassed to admit that, since we've been together for the past five years, Steve and I have each gained more than 40 and 25 pounds, respectively.


It was so easy to do. I love to cook, we both love to eat, and neither of us particularly enjoys exercising.


In fact, I do almost anything I can to avoid it. Never mind that I feel better afterward and there are so many health benefits. I just don't like to sweat.


Last winter, my mom offered to buy us an elliptical machine, if I'd agree to use it just a mere half-hour per week. And, sadly, I couldn't even commit to that!


I don't know if I was struck by lightning and it caused a sudden brain snap or what, but finally I realized that we both needed to start moving our bodies more.


I bought a Groupon deal for a nearby fitness studio that Steve and I could use together. The sessions only last 30 minutes each, so they don't take up that much time. But they sure seem to pack a punch.


We started on Monday, and today will be workout #5. Holy cow, I never knew that I had so many muscles...but now I can feel all of them screaming at me. They're begging for me to stop!


But we'll persevere, at least for our month-long membership. By then, perhaps I will be bitten by the exercise bug. (I can't really imagine that happening, but you never know, right?)

Have YOU been following a fitness regimen? If so, I'd love to hear about it!

4 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

these are too funny! okay, I'll think about thinking about starting to exercise next week.....

take it easy on those muscles! ;)

Linda R. said...

Congratulations on getting started. I've been riding my bike six days a week for many years...lots of hard work, but now its habit. I HAVE to do it! Thanks for the smiles and good luck! PS: Tell your mom I'd love that elliptical machine!

Sue D said...

These are great! I would rather exercise by working in the garden but sometimes it isn't enough so I use my exercise bike.

Katie said...

Great exercise funnies! And thanks for sharing your story. Now that the pools are open I am trying to swim. Good luck and I hope you are able to stick to it. That is the part I have always had trouble with.

Katie B.