Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Beverly Sizemore: Exercising Ethel

"I’m a huge Steven Martin fan," says Beverly Sizemore. "I’ve been enjoying his comedy and movies for many years."

"My oldest daughter surprised me with tickets to go see him perform in Memphis last May at the Ophelius Theater. Imagine how excited I was when I found out we had THIRD row tickets for the concert!! I got some great photos and that night will always be a fun, fun, fun memory," she shares.

Beverly's wonderful sense of humor is reflected in her stamping projects, such as this one:


To create her hilarious card, she started with 11140MC Ageless Worldly Women Clear Set (drawn by artist Nancye Williams):


The main image is Exercising Ethel (0517J in wood mounted), which she colored using markers. Then she prepared black die-cut chipboard tags by applying Sparkle Mod Podge to their surfaces:


Beverly mentioned that she likes to use bright, bold color combinations, and that's clearly the case here! Check out the delightful, eye-popping palette she chose for Ethel:


Everything was layered onto a glitter pink cardstock base and tied with a bow to finish things off:

 
How fun is that? It's "no sweat" to create, when you use the following supplies:

Ink Pad: Colorbox Archival Dye in Wicked Black - Clearsnap

Paper: White, Glitsy Glitter Stack - Diecuts With A View, Black Chipboard - Grafix

Accessories:  Markers - Copic, Sparkle Mod Podge - Plaid, #658526 Die - Sizzix, Ribbon - Michael’s, Flower - Prima, Mini Brad - The Paper Studio

* * *

Will you please join me in thanking Beverly for being our awesome Inky Guest Designer this month? Just leave a comment at the end of this post with a message to her.

Your note will also enter you in a BLOG CANDY giveaway. On Wednesday, July 31st, I'll randomly choose the winner for 11140MC Ageless Worldly Women Clear Set (drawn by artist Nancye Williams):


Here's another chance to win these stamps, in case you missed out earlier this month. On Wednesday, I'll post the lucky person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

6 comments:

Sue D said...

Cute--I like the sparkle Mod Podge, the bright colors and the flower in her hair.

Tammy C said...

Oh, I love Steve Martin too! Love this stamp set - very funny!

Theresa said...

This is an adorable card!! And the stamps are FANTASTIC! Love it!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Super cute-love the sentiments with this set! Makes me laugh!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fun card! and I would have a blast at a Steve Martin event! he is pretty talented on his banjo, too.

I've so gotta get some of this glitter Mod Podge.....

enjoy your week! and thanks, Beverly, for all of your wonderful projects! :)

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone daily.

Follow our trades right now and profit up to 270% per day.