Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Jennifer Scull: BBQ Time

As you know, last Tuesday was National Night Out. Here in Minnesota, we celebrated our local version, called Night To Unite.

Steve and I moved here just over a year ago, so it was fun meeting more of our neighbors. And, of course, there was lots of food involved...which you know always makes me happy!

All those hot dogs and hamburgers reminded me of 10973SC BBQ Time Clear Set (drawn by artist Ronnie Walter):


It just so happened that Jennifer Scull used this very same set on one of her delightful cards:


"I stink at CAS (clean and simple), because my projects always seem to need that extra button(s) or trim or flower or something," admits Jennifer.

She's definitely not kidding...and I'm super glad about that! If you click on the above photo, you'll be able to view even more of her fabulous details.

I took this side-view shot so you could also see some of the textures and layers in her project, which give it wonderful dimension:


"I use my sponge, distressing tool, and either white craft ink or acrylic paint on pretty much every project I make," shares Jennifer. "I like my card edges to have definition to them, so I always ink the sides. I guess that would be one of my 'signature' marks, if I have one."

Besides the distressing, what else can you spot? It might help to focus on just one section:


Stamped background? Check. Paper-pieced hat and apron? Check.

Paper clip, flower, and button? Check, check, check! Oh, and don't forget the patterned paper background, offset matting, contrasting band, and cut-out banner.

You gotta love the grill and steam swirls, which were die cut from the same red print used on two of the other elements:


Did I miss anything? Only the whole rest of this delightful creation:


Which part(s) do you like best about Jennifer's card? Please head over to her blog and let her know. :-)

She's also hosting a BLOG CANDY drawing for 10973SC BBQ Time Clear Set. Jennifer will give you the details for entering it in her post!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love this fun fun collage!!! Awesome!

stamping sue said...

what a great card and fun way to visit another blog.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Doris Molina Mora said...

This is just Adorable, my husband love BBQ!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Totally fabulous set!!! Love what Jennifer has done!!!

Edwina said...

Hello Jackie and Jennifer. I love Jennifer's card. It is so cute. I love those papers and the twine with the button. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love the BBQ image.

diane (cookiestamper) said...

He's the cutest chef I've seen! Fun card!

Fit Kitty said...

I am popping over from Jennifer's blog to say Hello to Jackie!

This is a fab summer card!