Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Jennifer Scull: Keep Me Caffeinated

"Always, always have fun and enjoy what you are doing," encourages Jennifer Scull.

Sometimes it may seem like that's easier said than done, but Jennifer's positive attitude is simply infectious. And it comes across in her stamping, too!

I cannot wait to show you what I mean, as you get to know our Inky Guest Designer for August and see her wonderful projects:


"I am a happy housewife, pal to my two Labradors, and professional consumer of coffee," she admits. (Aha, so that is where she gets her boundless energy!)

In fact, Jennifer's blog is called Just Coffee Please...& Stamps & Ribbons & Paper. Therefore, it was no surprise when she chose to work with 10925MC My Friend Ronnie Coffee #2 Clear Set (drawn by artist Ronnie Walter):


"I grew up going to antique shops with my parents to find things for our house, so my love for all things vintage developed at a young age," she shares.

"My dad taught me so much about life in a hands-on fashion – I learned about history by actually visiting historic sites. So bits of ephemera told me stories about the lives lived and the times experienced.

"I love to try to use bits and pieces of these in my crafting, as well as leave a little bit of that feeling in everything I make."

Take a look at how Jennifer combined her fondness for both coffee and ephemera, all wrapped up in this delightful card:


Go ahead and click on the above photo to enlarge it. There is so much to see, and all those fantastic details just make me smile!

The coffee gal (0111J Keep Me Caffeinated in wood mounted) was colored and hand-trimmed with a wavy pattern, to form the focal point:


Jennifer layered the image piece onto actual an Starbucks sleeve:
 

She added a bit of vintage-style lace:


Along with a few buttons and a coordinating sentiment:


Then she topped it off with rickrack and a big, bright flower:


And this was the charming, shabby-chic result:


Now do you see what I mean about how Jennifer infuses happiness into her projects? Hope you're grinning, too, Inky friends!

* * *

Hey, would you like a chance to win your own 10925MC My Friend Ronnie Coffee #2 Clear Set? You know what to do...please leave a comment at the end of this post with some stamping love for Jennifer Scull, and you'll be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Wednesday, August 7th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Jennifer used above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

16 comments:

Dina Kowal said...

Hi Jennnnniferrrrrr!! I love your cheery project and what a fun set! Hope you're doing well! Thanks, Jackie, for the chance to win!

Chelsea said...

This is a very fun card with all of those elements!!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Hi Jennifer! Love the cards. You are one of the sweetest cardmakers out there, and I'm so happy I found you friend! Hope you are doing well.

Pam said...

Love the card, it is so Jennifer!!
If it has anything to do with coffee, it is a perfect fit. She is coffee "Queen"! :)

Diana N. said...

Perfect card for a coffee addict! Great job Jennifer!

Sue D said...

Wonderful card! I like all the fun embellishments.

Alice said...

What a great set displayed by a great stamping designer! So nice to see Jennifer and Inky Antics together!

Anita said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the embellies. Congrats!

kateri said...

wow Jennifer, the colors and card are so vibrant. They look a lot different here. Really cool card. Lots to look at and take in. You put a lot of work into this card. Bless you.

Stef H said...

wow jennifer! you totally rock! you are the strongest, happiest and most delightful person i know and i'm the one blessed... along with INKY ANTICS, of course!

great images.... made especially for you, huh? and stunning card.

can't wait to see what you do next here!

hugs :)

vdoyle8 said...

Awesome card -- Love Jennifer's work!

And I am all about the coffee stamps.

B Douglass said...

I love all the layers on Jennifer's card!

Linda B (NY Card Lady) said...

Such a fun card. Love all the cool embellishments. So cheery.....just like Jennifer.

Linda B (NY Card Lady) said...

Such a fun card. Love all the cool embellishments. So cheery.....just like Jennifer.

Rhonda Miller said...

I just love your card. What fun sentiments and image. TFS.

Danielle Vincent said...

This is a great card in so many ways - but of course I am in love with the stamp set used :o) Nice to visit your blog and see this fun project.