Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Funnies: Fortune Cookies

Do you like Chinese food? Chow mein, fried rice, egg foo young, sesame chicken, Kung Pao beef...I could eat these tasty dishes several times every week, except I'm afraid my waistline and wallet would complain loudly. (And perhaps Steve, who enjoys it but might not love it as much as I do.)

Today also happens to be Fortune Cookie Day, according to my secret source.


I've scoured the Internet looking for funny fortunes, some of which may or may not be authentic. ;-) You'll have to decide for yourself, starting with this one that features escapist tendencies:


To gamble or not to gamble? That is the question:


Hmm, maybe the answer is no:


Usually I don't count on fortune cookies to provide great insight. However, this one seems pretty spot-on:


If I have more Chinese food, does that mean I get another cookie:


What do you think of these messages? Here's a thought:


Perhaps this person could use a bit more practice:


Thank goodness we don't rely on them too much:


I predict you'll have a great Friday, Inky friends!

3 comments:

Linda R. said...

Thanks for my Friday morning smiles!

Sue D said...

Very funny fortunes!

diane (cookiestamper) said...

We like Chinese food and one of my daughters has collected those fortunes since she was young. She has a lot! lol. I once got one that said "You like Chinese food." Really?? I didn't know that. ;) I have 2 fortunes hanging at our computer desk. One for my husband who likes to fly RC planes that says "Flying is simple. Not hitting the ground is hard." And the other one suits me better..."You have a deep interest in all that is artistic." :)