Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Funnies: Scrapbooking Humor

Today starting at 4:00 PM, Jan will be teaching two make & take projects at Scrapbooks Too, featuring stamps and dies from Art Gone Wild! For more details, please contact the store directly at (952) 884-0885.

Also, this afternoon and the rest of the weekend, I'll be at Archiver's ScrapFest at the Mall of America with Steve and Michelle for three HoneyPOP card workshops.
 
If you live in or near the Twin Cities area, we'd love to see you at either or both events! In the meantime, here are a few scrapping-related funnies:

 
 
Top 10 Signs of a Scrapbook Addict

1. You're the only one at a social gathering yelling, "Just one more photo, folks; I don't have enough for a two-page spread!"
 
2. Scraps from your punches can be found in unusual places--school lunch bags, briefcases, pants pockets, the dog's water bowl.
 
3. A regular sandwich is no longer acceptable--it must be cropped or cut with decorative edges.
 
4. You try to claim your album purchases as a medical expense because it's such good "therapy".
 
5. You buy a new pink swimsuit because it matches the pink photo mounting paper.
 
6. Your child is the only one in agriculture class who thinks the definition of "crop" is to "cut your photos."
 
7. You decide to give your child piano lessons so you'll be able to use the musical instrument stickers that are in the Big Pack.
 
8. You redecorate your family room to coordinate with your photo album covers.
 
9. Your three-year-old child wants to know if her coloring book is "archival quality."
 
10. You're in a fender bender and your first thought is, "I wonder what die-cut shape will coordinate with this event?"
 
 
 
Tale of a Midnight Scrapbooker
by Cheryl Miller

It's nine o'clock, the baby's in bed.
"Let's go also," my husband said.
"That sounds great!" In a hug we engage.
"Just give me 10 minutes, I'll finish a page!"
 
Thirty go by, my borders complete;
I lay out my pictures so nice and neat.
I add paper for color and a sticker or two.
How about a die cut, now that should do!
 
But then an idea pops into my head--.
One more page, then off to bed!
I glance at the clock; it's 11:09!
This is it; I'll draw the line.
 
But my fingers keep cutting--the ideas are pouring;
From the back room, I can't hear the snoring!
I look back at my work; I've done quite a bit.
It's midnight now--and time to quit.
 
I clean up my desk and turn off the light.
Put my book on the shelf--'til tomorrow night!


My husband said it was either him or the scrapbooks.
I took a picture of him packing and made the cutest page ever!
 

2 comments:

Linda R. said...

Have fun at the BIG mall. I like the very last one the best!

Sue D said...

Very funny even though I am mainly a card maker.