Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Diane Zechman: Baking Penguin

When I asked Diane Zechman to describe her stamping style, she replied, "I would have to say...cute, whimsical, clean, and colorful. Cute and whimsical images, along with fun colors, make me smile and if they make me feel good, hopefully the recipient will too."

To make this week's project, Diane started with the Whisk Penguin image (0185J in wood mounted) from 11059LC Baking Penguins Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


"I am also known as 'Cookiestamper' on the Internet," shares Diane. "I am a sucker for cookies. And chocolate. Yeah, anything chocolate is good...Give me a chocolate chip cookie and you’ll have a friend forever."

You've heard the saying about teaching someone to fish and feeding them for a lifetime (or something like that), right? Well, how about giving them a cookie mix:


It won't last a lifetime, of course. Heck, I'm not even sure this would last a week at our house!

But Diane's decorated jar filled with cookie mix is definitely "cute, whimsical, clean, and colorful." And you can bet it would bring a smile to anyone's face.

She found a recipe for the cookie mix on this blog. The lid and jar are adorned with a couple strips of patterned paper, and this adorable tag makes her project extra special:
 

After coloring, Diane popped up the penguin's hat and shirt with dimensional foam pieces:


"During the school year I work as a Learning Support Aide in a local elementary school," says Diane. "I enjoy working with the students and seeing their progress throughout the year."

Her comment made me think about teacher's gifts, and what a wonderful one this would be:


Here's "whisking" you a wonderful day, Inky friends!

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black - Tsukineko, Pool Party - SU!

Paper: Wintergreen - SU!, White, Black

Accessories: Large & Small Deckled Rectangles Nestabilities - Spellbinders, Markers - Copic, Dimensionals - SU!, Tag Corner Punch - SU!, Baker's Twine, Rhinestones, 12 oz. Canning Jar & Lid, Cookie Mix Ingredients

4 comments:

Sue D said...

Very cute gift idea and this stamp set is perfect!

stamping sue said...

what a fun presentation for a cookie recipe.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Tammy C said...

I am a teacher & a cookie lover & would love to receive this! Very cute. I just may have to order this set.

Mary-Anne V said...

adorable penguin and love the gift ideas.