Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Diane Zechman: Millie's Cookies

"I love all the cute Inky Antics critters," says Diane Zechman. "The cooking and baking images are favorites because I enjoy scrapbooking recipes, which I trade with my friends."

A great example is 10951MC Millie Mousie Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):
 

This is such a versatile stamp set, because you can mix and match the various accessories for tons of combinations! One of these options is creating a baking Millie with an armload of cookies, which perfectly reflects Diane's nickname, as well as her penchant for sharing recipes.

"I don’t do a lot of scrapbooking, but I do enjoy scrapping my favorite recipes," shares Diane. Check out her adorable 6" x 6" recipe page (you can click on the photo for a close-up view, if you'd like):


"I always make extra pages for my daughters...it’s a fun way to hand down my recipes! Most of the time, I will also make extras and swap them with my stamping friends," she adds.

"We always have lots of yummy food when we get together to stamp, and someone is always requesting a recipe. This is a great way to share the recipe, along with everyone’s craftiness!"

Millie's paper-pieced dress adds fun flair to this sweet stamped image (0253H Millie's Cookies in wood mounted):


And the recipe? Yep, I can personally confirm that they are awesome chocolate chip cookies!


I'd baked them for a coworker's birthday last month and brought them to our SSAT Hamburg show, but I did it the morning right before leaving for the airport...so, unfortunately, I completely ran out of time to take a photo.

But they were delicious indeed. I should have shot a picture of our gang gobbling them up, but I wasn't sure you'd want to see that. ;-) You might just have to try making a batch for yourself, and let me and Diane know how you liked them.

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black - Tsukineko

Paper: Poppy Parade, Pawsitively Prints II - SU!; White, Brown

Accessories: Markers - Copic, Button, Crochet Thread, Rhinestones


 * * *

"I like the phrase 'Friends don’t let friends stamp alone'," claims Diane. "Stamping is such an enjoyable craft to me, but it would be much less fun if I didn’t have such great friends to stamp with!"

"My friends and I call ourselves 'The Gigglers' for a reason. Find some friends to get together with, and have fun creating (we call it a Giggle Fest)," she encourages. "I hope it brings you great joy!"

Would you please help me thank Diane for being our fantastic Inky Guest Designer this month? Just leave a comment at the end of this post with a message to her...and feel free to also let us know your favorite cookie type and/or recipe, if you wish!

Your note will also enter you in a BLOG CANDY giveaway. On Wednesday, October 2nd, I'll randomly choose the winner for 10951MC Millie Mousie Clear Set. I'll post the lucky person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

8 comments:

Karen said...

I would LOVE to win this stamp set! So cute and versatile. Love the recipe card, and who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies?

stamping sue said...

what a great stamp set. really like the idea of putting things in her hands. that scrapbook page with the cookie recipe is delightful! I'm not a big cookie person but I do like muffins. a couple of weeks ago I made apple muffins with apples right off the tree. yum!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fun stamp set and love the cutey recipe card! I used to make a bunch of these for little books to give to friends and family. such a great idea to share them with fellow stampers!

this has been a fun month with Diane - so much inspiration! thank you for being with us! :)

I am making a big batch of oatmeal raisin cookies tomorrow to take to our youngest son in Indiana to help celebrate his birthday. they are his faves. :) they happen to be his dad's favorites, too.... coincidence? I don't think so! grins!

cairn1 said...

This is such a cute stamp set; it's one of those feel good stamps that bring a smile to your face! It would bring a big smile to my face if I was the winner!

Mary-Anne V said...

This is an adorable stamp. I love how you customized it for your project. My fav. cookie is chocolate chip with oats and a touch of roasted coconut!

Mary-Anne V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue D said...

Thanks Diane for all your creativity this month. Love the idea of scrapping favorite recipes. My nickname used to be "cookie monster" because I love to eat cookies. I like to bake them too.

Kristen V said...


How Cute, and who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies!