Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Diane Zechman: Coffee Mouse

"I’ll start by saying that I don’t like coffee…blech!" admits Diane Zechman. "Don’t throw tomatoes, please!  LOL."

Instead, she prefers iced tea and smoothies, which is why you might be surprised that Diane chose to work with 11171MC Coffee Mouse HoneyPOP Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


But we're sure excited by this unexpected choice, because just look at the adorable results:


"This purchased gable box was the perfect size to fit two Keurig K-Cup pods inside!" says Diane.

Yep, just because she doesn't drink coffee herself doesn't mean she can't give it to a coffee-lover:


Heck, I don't drink coffee either, and I'd love to receive it!

"I thought decorating the outside with honeycomb paper would be a fun change from the normal placement inside of a card," she suggests. "The ribbons are only tied to the front flap, so they won’t need to be untied when opening the box."

What a creative way to use our honeycomb paper (which, by the way, happens to be on sale for a great bundle price this month):


And aren't those bright colors just fantastic? Her eye-popping combination of yellow, orange, pink, and light blue will perk you up as much as the java:


Thanks to Diane for sharing this "micey nice" project!

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black - Tsukineko

Paper: Citrus Stack - DCWV

Accessories: Yellow Honeycomb Paper Pad - Inky Antics, Markers - Copic, K-Cup Pods - Keurig, Scor-Tape - Scor-Pal, Stickles Glitter Glue - Ranger, Ribbon, Gable Box

7 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

absolutely adorable!

stamping sue said...

Diane! I'm with you...I don't like coffee...don't even like the smell of it. I'm a tea and soda drinker myself.
you decorated box with the honey comb pot on the outside is just so creative! thanks for sharing
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Scull said...

slowly putting down the tomatoes I was originally going to throw because this little box is so freakin' cute! ;)

Katie said...

Great gift idea and such a cute project! Love the honeycomb and the cute character!! Great colors too. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Mary-Anne V said...

That is one cute gift...what and adorable mouse.

Sue D said...

Very cute idea to use the honeycomb paper. I don't drink coffee either.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my...this is super fun! I don't like coffee either, but give me a nice cup of cocoa and I am a happy camper. What a great little giftie!