Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Birdy Two Ways

We've got a little "tweet" for you, Inky friends! For her Guest Designer spot this month, Diane Zechman created even more projects than I'd requested...and there are enough extras so that we can feature a couple of them today.

In our popular HoneyPOP Collection, the birdy-themed have been especially well loved. For example, 11026MC Cupcake Birdy HoneyPOP Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung) continues to be a tried-and-true favorite:


It's easy to see why, when you look at cards made with these fun stamps, such as Diane's adorable project:


I can't decide which I like better, the outside or inside:


Okay, I gotta admit that pop-out honeycomb shape just captures my heart every time:


(Psst, did you notice the Honeycomb Paper Pads are this month's web special? Just thought I'd point that out...)

"Even when I am happy with a card, I know that there’s always room for improvement," declares Diane. "I enjoy when I try working more on the 'inside and out.' I love to coordinate the inside of my cards and the outside of my envelopes to match my card design."


"It really gives your project a finished, more 'polished' look and shows that you put some extra thought and effort into it. Besides, how fun is it to open your mailbox and see a pretty envelope?" she asks.

Yep, I agree, this sure does add a special touch:
 

"When coloring a stamped image on your envelope," shares Diane, "place a scrap piece of cardstock inside the envelope while coloring so your ink won’t bleed through to the back."

With people starting to get ready for holiday card making, we thought you might be interested in seeing the "winterized" version of our feathered friend. You may recall the bundled-up birdy in 11053MC Ornament Birdy HoneyPOP Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):


How charming does this image look here:


I think that doily underneath, which is reminiscent of a snowflake, is such a clever touch:


And, of course, the decorated inside with the 3-D tree really adds pizzazz:


Check out this close-up view:


"There's a tiny bit of Stickles on the ornaments and the star," shares Diane. "I adore this bird’s sweet winter cap!"


I think it's neat how Diane "hung" an ornament from the inside saying panel:


Cupcake Birdy Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black - Tsukineko

Paper : White, Brown - SU!, Ice Cream Parlor - SU!

Accessories: Pink & Brown Honeycomb Paper Pads, Circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders, Markers - Copic, Doily Details B Die - Papertrey Ink, Gemstones, Button, Crochet Thread

Ornament Birdy Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black - Tsukineko

Paper: White, Brown - Tina Wenke Winter Collection

Accessories- Green & Brown Honeycomb Paper Pads, Brown LePen - Marvy, Scor-Pal, Scallop Edge Punch - SU!, Markers - Copic, Stickles - Ranger, Paper Doily

* * *

Would you like the chance to win your very own 11053MC Ornament Birdy Clear Set? Just leave a comment at the end of this post to be entered in a mid-month BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Thursday, September 19th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Diane used for her second card above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

12 comments:

Susie said...

Diane, you've done a fabulous job with this birdy! I love his little winter hat *giggle*. Both cards are just as cute as can be.

stamping sue said...

what great honey comb cards!!!!! those little birds are just adorable.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Diana N. said...

Thanks for sharing two terrific cards. Love the inside as much as the outside and the coordinating envelope is over the top!

Mary-Anne V said...

Both cards are so cute. I really like how she decorated the envelope.

Tammy C said...

I want this birdy set! Diane did a great job with them. I always decorate my envelopes to match as well! You know what they say - great minds...

Jennifer Scull said...

these cards are really cute! I like the idea of matching envelopes. I try when I have the time, but it doesn't always seem to work that way.

Sue D said...

Adorable cards with this cute birdie. I like all the special touches inside and out on the cards and the matching envelope.

cairn1 said...


Love the birdie, also how you decorate the envelopes, nice touch!

Kristen V said...

How fun. I love the tree.

Scrappin' Diva said...

Diane, your cards are so fabulous! These stamps are super cute and make these cards super fun!

Tina said...

I have done a lot of honeycomb cards and have taught it in a bunch of classes, but the way she did the inside panel, especially for the tree one, I am "wowed"! Going to have to "case" that idea! Great job! Thanks!

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Get professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone daily.

Follow our signals NOW & gain up to 270% daily.