Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Pinecone

A couple of weeks ago, we presented several cards that Nancy Baier had made using one of her stamp sets from the Handcarved Autumn collection, 11197MC Forest & Pines Clear Set:


In that post, the Owl in Tree image was featured. As you can see above, this set also contains a pretty scene of a lake surrounded by pine trees...which is shown here stamped in brown ink, with a bit of sparkle provided by a copper leaf pen:


Hey, did you happen to notice that pinecone? It can be used as a terrific background, as shown in this weekly project as well as the second card of this entry I'd written earlier.

Check out the fun pinecone line-up at the bottom of this card, too:


Not only that, but that versatile pinecone also makes a great focal point on its own, as shown here:


In the above "clean and simple" design, the pinecone was stamped in brown ink, colored with pan pastels, and accented with a white gel pen. I love how the white outline and highlights really make the image pop.

You know, if one pinecone is good, then aren't three of them even better? Take a peek at this:


"I embossed it with three Stampendous powders, including copper," describes Nancy, "[and] used Kaisercraft paper with shiny copper highlights. The edges of the image panel are colored with Copper leafing pen. And four score lines border an additional strip of the background paper, lined up to match. Sort of an optical illusion, eh? It almost looks like it's the background peeking through."

Thanks so much to Nancy for sharing her lovely creations...and of course to you, Inky friends, for joining us today!

Would YOU like the chance to win your very own 11197MC Forest & Pines Clear Set? Please use the icons below to share this post with your stamping buddies, and you'll be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway. Just click on the one of the choices (email, blog post, Twitter, Facebook, or Google) and complete it, and then leave a comment at the end of this post to let me know what you did.

On Saturday, October 26th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Nancy used in these projects and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

6 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

I shared through Google!

Karen said...

I shared through facebook

Jennifer Scull said...

I shared on both google + and facebook! I LOVE Nancy's stamp sets! her cards are so pretty, too! :)

Sue D said...

I shared this post by email with my friend Linda who was one of the ladies who introduced me to stamping years ago. We are both Inky Antics fans and used to go to the Akron convention yearly and spend time (and money!) at your booth. We try to get together monthly to stamp and I usually share projects with my Inky Antics supplies.

Katie said...

Okay, I figured it out. I emailed two stamping friends. I love this set, the owl is a wonderful stamp! And I love that pinecone too and the John Muir quote, well all of the stamps. Love the card where they sponged around the pinecone and accented it with white. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Blogger said...

Ever wanted to get free Twitter Followers?
Did you know that you can get these ON AUTO-PILOT & ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by getting an account on Like 4 Like?